Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

USPS background check.

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Any other Rampies out there get an actual USPS email separate from the Sterling check? I got my 'all clear' email, but never saw anything come through specifically from USPS. Anyone else have a similar experience? @Av8orCree @Alex1231 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: USPS background check.

Alex1231
Adventurer C

@TPArampgirl 

I haven't received an email about USPS

However, I did fill out the hiring packet information and SIDA badge application.

The only thing I'm waiting on is my ticket information for Dallas but I'm sure I'll receive that next week

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

You signed all those forms, right? I.e., employee guidelines, harassment, afffirmative action... and at the end it has that big boarding pass? 

Did you fill out anything else? Like a new hire packet with benefits information? I haven't done anything with that and the station hasn't been in contact with me yet. 

Alex1231
Adventurer C

@msaprilnicole @TPArampgirl 

Yesss I filled that online and yes showing the boarding pass at the end. 

The flying benefits part is on that hiring packet. If you didn't see it I can send it to you? To your Email?

I just emailed them and they always responded.  I sent an email about my hiring packet lastt week and that day they sent it to me

With the sida badge I sent an email yesterday and received the email and appointments today. I don't know if it was coincidence or they responded immediately after I ask questions lol

My starting date is March 28.

If yall have any more questions let me know! Here to help.

I have previous ramp experience as a Lead for United so I'm familiar with a lot of the process 

msaprilnicole
Explorer A

when is your start date? im still waiting to get an email about a work badge. My start date is 3/28.

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

@msaprilnicole 4/4! I still have some time but I know that stuff needs to be done before my first day. I don't want to make my benefits elections on the fly. Send an email to your most recent POC. I think it's the WNCO email for new hire stuff. They'll reach out to your station for you. I'm about to send the same email soon. 🥴

Av8orCree
Adventurer B

I never received a message from USPS. My assumption is they communicate the results directly with SWA. I've been there three weeks working on the ramp, so I assume all is good. 🙂

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

@Av8orCree THANK YOUUU! How's it goin!? I am dying to know how you're doing and when you'll be in Dallas.

Jamalljr
Explorer B

I havent gotten the USPS email either so youre not alone on that part