Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Update: Application Confirmation Email - CS&S (Remote)

domveenine
Adventurer A
Solution

NEW UPDATE:

I was able to reach someone on here that was able to check the status of my application and was told,

"In reviewing, it appears that you indicated you weren't a current resident of one of the required states for this Customer Support & Services Representative position. This is what disqualified you from the role, and we regret any confusion or difficulties while submitting your application."

I am a resident of one of the required states so I knew it had to be related to the technical issues a lot of us experienced while applying. I was disappointed but figured I would wait until the next time around and apply again. 

To my surprise, I received this message today!

domveenine_0-1656362645091.png

-You're Now Free To Move About The Country

missedenluv
Explorer A

Ahhhh that’s awesome! Keeping my 🤞🏾 for you. Remember inbox/focused/junk-spam check them all so you don’t miss anything. 

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

HOLY COW!!! your post makes me so very happY!

You didn't give up. You kept on researching, digging, and accepting to whatever end you came to! You remind me of someone else🤔  but i think she retired @TPArampgirl  hehehe😜

Good for you and absolute GREAT that you shared because it looks like a lot of others got tangled up in system mess. If you feel ok with it could you share your application date? or around the time you applied? Thank you for being awesome, and I am amazed at all Y'all for stick in there. Best wishes, good luck to all!

domveenine
Adventurer A

Sorry for the late response but here is my timeline so far:

June 20th - Applied for CS&S position (had some troubles)

June 21st - Received denial email > I followed up with an email to the Peoples Department

June 27th - Received an email explaining there was an error and I was still in review stage

June 29th - I was invited to schedule a phone interview > scheduled for 7/6

June 30th - Received an email with a link to view the status in "My Work Day"

My phone interview is today in about 2 hours and I'm going over my elevator pitch, reviewing my resume, and studying airport codes.

I will post an update if any new information after my interview! Good luck to everyone doing interviews this week!  

@About2be 

Mrsbrooks31
Adventurer C

@domveenine  if you don’t mind me asking who was you able to contact in regards of your application?

domveenine
Adventurer A

@Mrsbrooks31 

I found this email on the careers page and sent a message.  swapeople@wnco.com 

I never received a response from them but a few days later, I did get an update from the Talent Acquisition Team explaining there had been an issue and my application was put back into review status.

There are also a few people within the discussion board, that are employees, that have offered their help. You'd have to go through some older threads from a couple of weeks ago to find them. 

skyrick
Frequent Flyer C

@domveenine That is so awesome that  Southwest had the integrity to do the right thing and corrected the issue! That's the Southwest Spirit and the Southwest Way! I luv it! Congratulations on the phone screen. I hope it went well. May I ask what time you originally submitted your application? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to push mine though until about 12:30 on the 20th and I'm hoping that mine was in early to be reviewed. If not, I will try, try again. I know can really "rock the headset" in this position and give those Southwest Customers the absolute best experience! I've been doing absolutely everything I can think of to prepare and am so excited to be given a chance to join this great company. Good luck on the next step! Wish you the best!

r26632

domveenine
Adventurer A

@skyrick I had to restart the application several times and I knew the website had to have been flooded with users. I was finally able to get my application in at around 10:45am MST.

If I can offer some advice based on my own research, study the airport codes until you're dreaming about them. I created a StudyStack with the most current airports Southwest flies to.

Here's the link to that. 

If you scroll down on that flashcard page, you'll find other games and such that you can try. Some work well - like the matching one and it keeps me from getting bored of the repetitiveness. Also, you can toggle the way the card is presented to you by using the "options" button on the top right and selecting the check box that says "show answer first". 

In addition, if you aren't already familiar with the conversion of standard time and military time, brush up on that. From what I've read, this is tested during the first week of training.  

skyrick
Frequent Flyer C

Hi @domveenine! Awesome! Thanks for the reply! My application would have gone through around 11:30 MST or 12:30 Herb Central Time for me (17:30 GMT or "zulu time"). You give me hope and encouragement that my application may be reviewed soon based on your time stamp. Fantastic! I've actually already used your airport code flashcards. Those are incredible, great job! I need to brush up on some of the newer ones. Thanks for the tips and pointers. I'll return the favor, make sure you know about Herb and Rollin King and the Cocktail Napkin Story and/or something more original about Southwest. The book, "Nuts!" is inspiring and has some great stories. Make sure to have a few questions ready for the Recruiter and Manager for the end of the interview. Thanks for working together here as a Team! Hope to see you in the 2 week training in Dallas (fingers crossed).

r26632

domveenine
Adventurer A

OMG I'd never heard of this book before. I'm downloading as we speak! Thanks for this! 

I'll be keeping your positivity in mind during my interview. See you in DAL ❤️💙💛