Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Update: Flight Attendant Opening

kallison04
Explorer A

Hi @LindseyD

So sorry for all the messages about the email, it's just this is seriously my childhood dream so I don't want to miss out on this opportunity, but I still have a  few questions: I know you said if we log in and see "Received Submission" that means that you all have our info, but will I ever get an email letting me know that for sure? It has been about 6 hours since I applied and I am still without an email. I know earlier you said there may be a "slight" delay, but how long is that delay? Are some of us never going to get an email? Also, I have my "Requistion Number," would that be of help in the future if I never get an email?

I guess what I'm really trying to ask is at what point after not getting the email should I be concerned and is there anything I can do? Or do I just have to trust that if it says "Received Submission" that you all actually have it? 

Thanks again, 

Allison 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi Allison! 

It's ok, I understand. At some point, every one of us here at Southwest Airlines was in your shoes, waiting for a confirmation email and hoping for a dream to come true. 

Yes, everyone who submitted an application can expect to receive an email. There will be cases where the email server blocks the confirmation email because it thinks it is spam. But that doesn't mean we did not receive your application. And rest assured, if we have your application, we have your contact info. 

If your dashboard says "received submission," your application has been successfully submitted. Best of luck to you!

kallison04
Explorer A

Thank you so much for all your patience and time @LindseyD. I really appreciate it! 

That makes me feel better knowing that I will eventually get the email. I will just have to be patient, as well and know that it will eventually come.

Thank you again for everything! Have a nice rest of your week!

Allison 

Update on Profile Dashboard

janastarner
Explorer C

Hi, Lindsey -

The computer must have caught up - now my Dashboard shows that I applied this morning. Wanted you to know! I had presented my concern earlier... so note to self - if you receive an e-mail confirming receipt of submission but the Dashboard does not - maybe give it some needed time to catch up! 😄

Best of luck to all!

nn
Explorer C

Thank you very much for this informative communication.  I have a question to add.  My profile does show that "submission received"  however, I didn't received any email although I have the senders noted on my safe list.  Should I be concerned?

Thank you

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @nn,

No need to be concerned. Check out the "troubleshooting" tips in my original post. Good luck!

nn
Explorer C

Great job guys.  Now here comes my question.  What is the interpretation of “under review” in SWA process.   Tooooooo excited but yet composed. Hmmmmmm.

Question on Submission - Discrepancy Flight Attendant

janastarner
Explorer C

Hello, Lindsey - 

Thanks so much to all of you for your help today!

I have a question regarding something you mention above - you state that we can log into our Profile and check the Dashboard to see that the submission has occurred. However, when I did that just now - it says I have not submitted anything. HOWEVER, I have an e-mail confirming that it was received this morning.

I am unclear... do I need to apply AGAIN? Why does it not show on my Dashboard, do you think? That is where I should be able to check the status as well... but no jobs applied for are listed. Hmmmmm..

Jessicamayw
Explorer C

Hello and thank you for all the info and updates! SO if i have this message on my screen "You are currently submitted to this job." but have not gotten a confirmation email is there anything i need to do or is it good to go? 

carlbrennan22
Explorer C

I would like to apply to the flight attendant opening.

Could you send me a link, so I can do so?

Sincerely,

Carl Brennan

carlbrennan22@gmail.com