Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Update: Flight Attendant Opening

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @carlbrennan22,

Here's the link where you can apply for the Flight Attendant position. Good luck!

ajoseph2345
Explorer C

Hi @LindseyD.  My application status is "closed complete".  I have not applied to be an FA before.   Is this normal?  I answered all of the questions correctly.  Thank you!

LindseyD

wrote:

Hi @LindseyD.  My application status is "closed complete".  I have not applied to be an FA before.   Is this normal?  I answered all of the questions correctly.  Thank you!

Hi @ajoseph2345,

“Closed Complete,” “Received Submission,” and “Under Review” are all legitimate status updates on your iCIMS dashboard. Throughout the application process, these statuses are subject to change.

LaurynCardwell
Explorer C

Hello, I have submitted my application but I have not received a confirmation email. Everytime that I go to the flight attendant apply now page though, it says "You are currently submitted for this job." Do you know what could be happening?

dthames25
Explorer B

@LaurynCardwell That happened to me too. I received my confirmation email literally 9hrs after I completed the application. Some of the emails are delayed because of the issues the site had earlier. 

LindseyD

Hi @LaurynCardwell,

The emails may be a bit delayed because of the overwhelming response we've had to the opening. We'll reach out soon! If your dashboard says that we've received your application, you're in good shape.

FlyLUV
Explorer C

Hey there! 

Y’all must be working all the hours right now to review so many talented submissions. I was wondering, does LUV review applications in “first-in first-out” or what type of method is used? Love to help you sort, (I know who I’d pick) 

Zotsypotsy
Explorer C

Dear Hiring Team,

I have a question about the "Disability" section of the application. You have cancer listed as a disability.  Do I need to check the box if I have been cancer free for over 14 years and kicked breast cancer in the butt! It's hard for me to think of it as a disability because I've had a lot of positive things/experiences happen in my life because of it. 

Thanks so much for your time,

Julie

A fighter ❤️ 

Zotsypotsy
Explorer C

Good morning!

I've figured it out and will check the applicable box. Hopefully someone at Southwest will want to hear my breast cancer story and how I turned a negative into a life changing positive. 

Now I just need to figure out how to attach my resume haha! I have it in Microsoft word 2007...and it's only 15.7 KB's...any suggestions?

Thanks and have a great Tuesday 🙂

LindseyD

Hi @Zotsypotsy,

Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.