Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Update: Flight Attendant Opening

stephens1275
Explorer C

Same thing is happening with me!  Totally stressing.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @RLivingston,

Thanks for your patience in this! You are still in the process, and we will verify with that they have received your response. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

RLivingston
Explorer C

Hello Kelby! 

I received a phone call from Savanah Dodd about my phone interview, as well as this email verifying the date and time of the phone interview. I anxiously awaited the call and did not receive it. I tried reaching out to Miss Dodd by phone to no avail. What should I do? Screenshot_20180226-100736.png

thefsufan
Explorer C

Kelby,

My apologies for asking what may be a common sense question, as I am sure you are very busy clearing new candidates for Southwest. I have heard nothing back yet on my application for the flight attendant positions from February but when I am in the portal, the entry still shows "received submission". Should I be optomisitc that my resume is still in the pile for review and I have not made it to the call back phase yet? Or if it has been about a month, that I was not considered for this round of hiring? 

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi @thefsufan,   Thanks for your interest in joining Sout...

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @thefsufan,

Thanks for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines and for your question! This status does indicate that you are still in the pool of applicants. Our Recruiters are hard at work sorting through them, but due to the overwhelming interest in this position, we do expect it to take a while to sort through all applications. Rest assured, you will hear from us no matter what our decision is regarding your application. You can find more information here. We appreciate your patience throughout the process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Kruth68
Explorer C

Hello,

i tried putting my resume in last week and it kept giving me errors or was just frozen. 

i tried to get my app in by 9pm and it would not submit.

is it too late?

i was a flight attendant for American after college and I am very interested in working for Southwest. 

Is is there anything I can do? 

PaigeEpstein19
Explorer C

Hi There Lindsey,

Sadly I did not get to the posting in time but I was wondering if you can give me a rough estimate of when the next posting will be open because I would LOVE to work for you guys! 

Gzgecha1959
Explorer C

Hello,

I am in hopes  I can find out who to contact regarding the status of my Flight Attendant application.

I applied February 7, 2018.  This was the email response I received: 

Position: 2018-21940  Flight Attendant  

Application Received:  February 7, 2018

I haven't received anymore emails after February 7th. I am still very interested as I was a FA for another carrier for 3 years but ultimately, Southwest is where I feel would be a wonderful fit!! 

I fly Southwest quite often and I did find out that Southwest will be opening bases in Los Angeles and 5 locations in Hawaii. 

I did go back into "Careers" to see that the FA position has been closed. Any idea how I can find out if my application is still active for the hiring process and when does Southwest anticipate training for the bases that will be opening? 

Warm Regards,

Beverly Challburg

Yonnie405
Explorer C

When will the position for flight attendant open up again?  and how often is that position opened a year?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @PaigeEpstein19 and @Yonnie405,

Thank you both for your interest in becoming a Flight Attendant with Southwest Airlines! We do not have a timeline for future openings, but as a result of the overwhelming interest in our latest posting in February, we unfortunately do not expect to be posting the role in the immediate future. This allows our Recruiting Team to sort through all applications received during the last application period. However, we do hope to see your application the next time this role is available!

In the meantime, you can find all of our open positions at southwest.com/careers. You can also sign up to receive job alerts via email at workfor.us/southwest (on desktop) or by clicking here on a mobile device.

Kelby
Southwest Careers