Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Update Ramp agent

Joep
Adventurer A

2/14 is my last update on my dashboard. Still waiting for background to be completed, and yet to see a email from usps so I can handle that also. They didn't lie when they say it takes 4-6 weeks. When you wait so long you start thinking something must be wrong ur mind starts to play tricks on you lol!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Update Ramp agent

jmalloy
Adventurer A

Hi Joe, I'm in the same boat. Drug test and fingerprints are done and I got an email from Sterling (background check) that they submitted the results to SWA today. I guess I'll stay in holding pattern until I hear back. Does anyone  know when next training in Dallas starts? I read 3/28 for the CSAs. I'll be ramp at LGB. How about you Joe?

Joep
Adventurer A

That's what I am waiting for is background! When it's said and done I will be ramp agent in OAK jmalloy! 

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

Welcome to the SWA family. I was hired on for the ramp back in August and just completed my 6 month probation as of today! 

jmalloy
Adventurer A

Congratulations! I'm curious, what station are you at and how the workload is. Could you give a quick insight into your first 6 months? Thank you and welcome.

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

I am at SDF(Louisville). I had virtual training for two days at SDF. After that I was on the ramp for a month with my trainer. I followed his schedule and followed his lead for maybe 3-4 days. I have prior ramp experience which made it a little easier for him and myself. After that I was the lead on most ramp duties and my trainer was right there watching over me. After that I was released and went to nights(closing)  and I have been on nights ever since.  The workload is not that bad, but we are hiring all over. I have been getting my full time hours plus overtime. 

victorulloa
Adventurer C

@TNuts How many hours do you usually work a week?

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

It ranges between 50-55 hrs a week. That number will go up or down depending on the last flight(terminator) into our station. Also, those hrs will go down most likely when we hire more people at our station which they have. I don't mind the OT since it's going into my 401k, which by the way is GREAT, I  highly recommend starting one!