Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Virtual Scheduling Scam

Ang_NM
Explorer C
I’m your virtual scheduling assistant here at Southwest Airlines. We’re excited to invite you to a Phone Call interview! This interview should take approximately 30 minutes.

The link below will allow you to select a time that best suits your schedule. Please note that if you propose a new time, we may not be able to accommodate your request. We strongly encourage you to select a time slot out of the choices provided so that we can interview you as soon as possible. 

The link provided looks sketchy. It includes the following sh.phenom.com (There are some other parts to the link but I'm not including it in the event that it is real and a direct link to an actual schedule)

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Virtual Scheduling Scam

Ang_NM
Explorer C

Oops. Some of my message got cut off. Basically - Is this a scam? Also did Southwest careers move from ICIMS to work day for candidate management? I got an email about that too and I thought it was a scam so I deleted it.

Bettyboop
Explorer C

They actually did switch over to workday. I switched mine over when I received the email it wasn't a scam, and my recruiter did send me a link to schedule my interview that wasn't a scam either. 

CCyrus
Explorer C

How do we get access to workday for the interview 

Ang_NM
Explorer C

I believe the procedure is you apply directly to the job opening and then they decide if they are going to contact you for an interview.  As far as work day goes, when you log into the career site it will take you directly to work day to set up your profile. I haven't done that part yet. I was registered on the old site which was run by ICIMS. However when I now try to sign in, it is redirecting me to work day. I'm assuming I have to get in there and update everything or create a new profile. 

Temcke30
Explorer B
Solution

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that the email you received is not a scam. It is the one that was just sent to me in the beginning of July. I hope you responded to it. Best of luck.

Ang_NM
Explorer C

Thank you so much for confirming that this was not a scam! It was real and I have an interview set up. I am grateful for this forum. It's so helpful.

Thanks again!

desmondrl
Adventurer A
Solution

@Ang_NM It is legit. I hope you clicked the link!

I went back and searched my emails, and I had the same link to schedule mine!

://sh.phenom.com/l1R <--- copied from my email! 

robynne
Explorer C

What sort of scam is this? Never applied but being invited to interview?????

Ang_NM
Explorer C

Applied but on the swa career site there is a warning about a fake site created and phishing scams. SWA switched to new software (workday and phenom) but the career site previously said to beware of anything that is not from ICIMS which was their previous software. Anyway, the virtual Scheduling is not a scam but I have to say that the link looked really phishy and I would have NEVER clicked on it if not for this forum.