Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Was hired during interview but still waiting

Nissha
Explorer C

Hello,

I went in for an interview on April 12th 2023, it’s now June and I still have not heard anything. I also sent an email to my hiring recruiter but haven’t heard anything. Is there anything else I should do while waiting?

With Kind Regards,

Nissha Leon

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Was hired during interview but still waiting

floridaguy
Aviator C
Solution

You may have been offered a role or suggested that you would be offered a role during the interview, but you were not hired.  If you were hired, you'd already be receiving a paycheck.

It does not sound like your onboarding has been completed.

bec102896
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

You may have been offered a role or suggested that you would be offered a role during the interview, but you were not hired.  If you were hired, you'd already be receiving a paycheck.

It does not sound like your onboarding has been completed.

Some jobs actually take awhile for training to start especially if you have to obtain badges like SIDA 

Nissha
Explorer C

I can totally agree with you!! However that was what I was told. “You got the job” I then asked how long until I hear back so that I can put in my two weeks and was told by May sometime. So here I am still wondering when I will get that email. Thanks for your response though.

floridaguy
Aviator C
Solution

The state of recruiting in this country is laughable.  I doubt that the person who said "you got the job" has the sole authority to hire.  My guess is that they blurted that out and then wished they hadn't said that.

Since you have not heard, I would suggest writing a letter to the Dallas TX central office and ask if they are going to put you on the payroll anytime soon.  That will flush out what is really going on.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

The state of recruiting in this country is laughable.  I doubt that the person who said "you got the job" has the sole authority to hire.  My guess is that they blurted that out and then wished they hadn't said that.

Unless you are thoroughly versed in the ins and outs of the SW hiring process, you have no way of knowing that.

RareJewel
Explorer C

Was your interview at a Southwest job fair event in April. 

Nissha
Explorer C

My interview was a scheduled interview selected that my recruiter sent me.