Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What are all of the various "Status" levels and what do they mean?

mnirschl
Explorer A

Hello! 

I am waiting to hear back on 4 applications that I have submitted and wondered if you all provide all the level of status that an application can go through and their meaning.  I have read that "Closed" does not mean that you are out of the running for a position but that it is simply one step in the process.  But I do want to be able to know when I am no longer considered as a candidate so I can keep trying :).  Can you let me know the various descriptors used for each stage of the process?

Thanks a  million!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: What are all of the various "Status" levels and what do they mean?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @mnirschl,

Thank you for your continued interest in Southwest! The statuses “Received Submission”, “Under Review” and “In Progress” mean we’re still in the process of reviewing candidates and your online application is still active. If your application has been reviewed and is no longer active, the job status will change to “Closed Complete.” Best of luck with all of your applications!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

mnirschl
Explorer A

Thank you so much!

bedelltx
Explorer C

Hi Kelby, 

Can you confirm that if the status of an application reads, "Closed Complete" immediately after submitting the application, does it mean that a candidate did not meet the qualifications for the position?

Thank you,

Doug

Jamal_Moreland
Explorer C

451A3B10-8BC7-4A43-8283-CF3C1B4BBE88.png

The one that says under review was the only time I had a phone interview. I submitted today and it came directly back as “Closed Complete” Can somebody explain please

ILV2fly
Adventurer C

Hi @Jamal_Moreland,

I can’t speak to your specific situation, but I have submitted applications where the status went directly to “closed complete”. My best guess is the automated screener either didn’t like how many times I answered “no” or I answered “no” to screening questions that needed to be answered with “yes”.

All the best,

ILV2fly

Vamataia
Explorer C

Hello Kelby

So once your status for a job says closed complete that means your no longer considered for that position?

Rick955i
Explorer C

Does "no longer active"  mean you aren't being considered anymore or does it mean you went from active applicant to prospective hire?

Thanks, 

Rick