Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What do you think so far?

msmo71
Adventurer C

Anyone that started working CSA in the last few weeks, share your experience so far. How’s training? 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: What do you think so far?

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

I think that this thread may have everything that you are looking for!

msmo71
Adventurer C

Thanks a bunch. I’m anxiously waiting on my start date. 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

All we can do is wait. Your start date will come! I got my start date, and it was scheduled for more than a month away! I'm finally less than 4 weeks away from my first day. 🙌

What station and position? Maybe we'll meet up in Dallas! 🙂

msmo71
Adventurer C

CSA in Oakland. Looking forward to meeting new Co-Hearts very soon. 

embell
Explorer C

Hello again! The email stated 11 days in Dallas. But I am seeing a lot of post saying they left on a Sunday and flew back home the following Friday so that's 6 days, what is everyone recent experience? Trying to plan ahead of time since my start date is coming up soon. Thank you all

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

You should get Dallas info during your first week, so don’t worry! You will have plenty of time to plan. In the mean time, study those city codes so you can make it to Dallas. Lol. 

Boaterchris
Explorer C

Hello! I’m supposed to be starting my position as a ramp agent at Bwi on September 26th. What is the time line usually for training…  am I going to Dallas after the training at Bwi or ?? I’m excited 

ShellyV
Adventurer B

I still have until the end of the month to start and while I'm glad for the start date because it works best for our family, I'm also like omg its so far away. 

Tmike92
Adventurer B

Today I’m wrapping up our first week. 

lots and lots of info! They call it “federal week” in which you do federal related training for the job. Today we get to take a tour of our airport and our department which I’m excited about.  We got our ojt schedule for the next 2 weeks. A mix of am and pm shifts and all throughout the various roles in our department. 

I’m LUVing SWA! I’ve worked for a couple airlines before but I’ve never felt at “home” like this before.

be sure to practice and study the airport codes cause you will have to get a 85% or higher on it as the trainer can’t reload the course into your LMS. *you must take the test before you go to Dallas. 

I hope this helps!