Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

When should I apply for Southwest Destination 225 program?

GarrettE
Explorer C

Currently, I am a junior year student in university. I am interested in applying for the Southwest 225 cadet program my senior year. On the Southwest website, it says that the application/selection process takes 3-6 months. I graduate next May, so should i apply three months before graduation or earlier? I just don't want to apply to early to where if i get accepted then the start of training overlaps with the rest of my academic school year. Which leads me to another question, typically what are the dates for the initial training? I know its a fairly new program but I figured I would ask.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: When should I apply for Southwest Destination 225 program?

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hi there, Garrett! 

We're excited to hear you're interested in Destination 225! With your graduation date in mind, we are looking for folks to start no more than 6 months from the date that they apply to the Destination 225 program. Those training classes typically start on a monthly basis. 

Best of luck!

Re: When should I apply for Southwest Destination 225 program?

GarrettE
Explorer C

Thank you. As a follow up question is training 9-5 M-F? I am curious if I could work on the weekends to help pay for the costs associated with schooling.