Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Will accepting another position with SWA affect my Flight Attendant application opportunity?

valpit
Explorer C

Hello. I was fortunate enough to have completed an application for Flight Attendant. I had, previously, applied for another opportunity with SWA and received an "Action Request" for that position. I am concerned that accepting the other spot while I wait for the Flight Attendant process to begin will affect my chances to be considered for the Flight Attendant position because this was an external opening request. I would like some guidance as to whether a person accepts an opportunity with SWA after applying for the external Flight Attendant position would be removed from consideration or whether it would effect the decision making by HR for the Flight Attendant position. 

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Will accepting another position with SWA affect my Flight Attendant application opportunity?

CourtneyW
Employee
Employee

Hi @valpit

Thank you so much for your interest in the Flight Attendant position at Southwest! You are correct, when you accept another position at Southwest your application will be withdrawn from consideration for all other positions you have applied. Once you have started you will be eligible to apply for internal positions outside of your department after your 12 month probation period.

Courtney
Southwest Careers

Re: Will accepting another position with SWA affect my Flight Attendant application opportunity?

valpit
Explorer C

Thank you for the information. 

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

yes, in terms of work availability