Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Withdraw from position

Goshawkt45
Explorer C

Hi,

Hope someone can give me advice on how to withdraw from a position I applied to. I was given a June start date but not yet set in stone.

It is with a heavy heart that I must withdraw due to family hardship and I will not go into specifics reasons on here, but I will like to withdraw and leave in good standing so I can reapply in the near future once the family hardship gets better. 

Do I contact the last recruiter who I had contact with? I hope Southwest does not hold a grudge because of my withdrawal and hope I can get on in the future with them. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you! 😢 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Withdraw from position

dfwskier
Aviator A

I would imagine your best route would be thru your recruiter.

Explain it's a family emergency (recruiter doesn't need details), and make sure that person knows that you really want to try again when things get straightened out.

I seem to recall something about not being able to apply for a year after a turndown. Don't  know 

1) if there really is such a rule and

2) if there is, whether or not it would apply in your case.

Maybe someone else can clarify.

Mchristian09
Explorer A

Sorry about your family emergency. But yes contact your recruiter and you can either push your start date back or withdraw. I would let them know it’s a gem emergency. Best of luck! 

Mchristian09
Explorer A

***Family emergency (typo)

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

You can withdraw easily from your dashboard or you can also contact your recruiter and let them know, too. Unfortunately, it is true that you will have to wait a year before reapplying and SW will not hold a grudge. I wish you all the best with your situation. 💙

Goshawkt45
Explorer C

Thank you everyone for the replies. I will withdrawal thru the Dashboard portal and also email the recruiter as well and will mentioned that I would like to reapply in the future once things get better.