Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Withdrawl Application?

DSK19
Explorer C

I applied for an Operations Agent role and have been requested to schedule an interview. Unfortunately, its a full-time role and I've realized that I can only do a part-time role at this time. I know SWA has rules about not being able to re-apply for jobs within one year and don't want to make myself ineligible if circumstances change. Is there a way to do this? I don't see it on the careers portal. I also reached out to some SWA recruiters on LinkedIn, none of which have responded. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Withdrawl Application?

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

Once you withdraw it will ask you why I don’t think it will mess up your chances in the future at all especially since you are being honest

DSK19
Explorer C

How do I withdraw in the system, though? I don't see an option anywhere. 

Nettyboo34
Adventurer C

Go into your application dashboard and at the bottom of the application you will see withdraw. 

DSK19
Explorer C

I'm in the dashboard and this is all I see on the position. None of it is clickable to see anything else. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 9.48.32 PM.png

Nettyboo34
Adventurer C

Yeah mine is the same way now. It was an option at first to withdraw. It could be because the process has now already started. So yeah just wait to see what your recruiter says. Sorry about that

DSK19
Explorer C

Recruiters on LinkedIn aren't responding to me, so hopefully someone with SWA can chime in here. I just don't want to look like I'm ghosting. 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

If you ghost or formally withdraw, you still have to wait the year to reapply. I would just wait until they contact you, then you will have a point of contact, and they can help you. 

DSK19
Explorer C

Thanks for you suggestion and I decided to do just that. A couple of days ago, I scheduled an interview for today at 1:30 pm (Central Time). It said I would receive a Zoom invite. I've received nothing and no confirmation. There was an Amy Hayes as a contact and I e-mailed her yesterday, but haven't heard anything. At this point, I'm going to be a no show, which is frustrating since I've made every effort to not waste any ones time from the beginning of this process. 

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

Looks like you did everything possible and more. Going forward when you do hear back, or re apply for PT post you have already proven the length you are willing to go to be respectful and responsible for a job you never had. 😆😉

Good luck with pt search. I love Part Time jobs. Time enough to get be apart of a team, not enough time to get too involved.