Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

application process questions

eshairnet55
Explorer C

I have a  SWA employee that is helping me thru the basic app process for flight attendant. Ive gone thru sothwest.com,  was thrown into a site called ICMS., seamingly a 3rd party, who's site looks legit for  SWA , but is so very difficult to actually  manuver and apply for the exact poition I want.

The dashboard says i havent applied to a specific job.

However the site asks you to fill out , wich i have, an "agent profile"  I'm left to guess,  that means (and  I'm second guessing) the agent profile = to the position u want.

....I"m not the only one completly baffeled by this process and thier wording..I' beggining to feel like Ive  been "punked" by this site.

can you confirm ICMS is legit SWA app processor.

If so how do i apply for a specific job?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: application process questions

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @eshairnet55,

We are so excited that you are interested in a career with Southwest Airlines as a Flight Attendant! I am sorry to hear that you have had challenges submitting your application. I can confirm that iCims is a legitimate application system that we use.

Unfortunately, we are not currently accepting applications for our Flight Attendant position. However, now that you have created a profile with us, you are one step ahead of the crowd in applying for positions with us! If you are interested in applying for any of our positions that are currently available, visit Southwest.com/Careers, select the position you are interested in and click "Apply Now." I would recommend frequently checking our website, as open positions change daily. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Oceman14
Explorer C

Ok...maybe this is a POST..  How do I tighten up my application to actually get through the sterling background check ?  I've been to that point twice now and REJECTED. First was because my former employer/co-worker WAS dying of cancer and I WOULD NOT annoy him with a phone call from STERLING About my employment.  He passed on 2 weeks later.  Second time was because I would not give my SOCIAL SECURITY WEBSITE LOGIN name and PASSWORD for the website to the background investigator.  The station MANAGER absolutely "LUVS" ME, but yet cannot seem to overcome this.  I have many years of Airline Lead experience both above and below wing and EVERYONE but Sterling sees the worth in this.  

Thanks

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @Oceman14,

We are so sorry to hear of the loss of your former Employer. Also, we apologize for the difficulties you have had during our background process. We do our best to work with each Candidate who goes through our process, while still adhering to the strict FAA requirements surrounding airline hiring. Because your questions deal with sensitive information, I will send you a private message to continue our conversation.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Wnflightatt
Explorer C

Hi Kelly, 

I applied on August 15, 2016 and was wondering if there is anyway to find out where month they are in to be during their phone interviews? I am on another site and people say that their application shows under review my just shows when I applied :(. 

Thank you

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @Wnflightatt,

Thank you for your interest in joining our Team as a Flight Attendant! Because of the overwhelming interest in this position, it is taking longer than usual to sort through all the applications. Our Team is working diligently to evaluate and communicate with all candidates as quickly as possible. Although there is no way to know exactly when they will get to your application, I would encourage you to continue checking your profile and email often. We appreciate your patience!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

MissCT
Explorer C

Hi Kelby,

I am so excited for my group interview for Southwest's Flight Attendent position next month! But unfortunately I have a DUI in 2011 that I dismissed in 2015. I am so scared that because of this stupid mistake i made 7 years ago will ruin my chances of achieving my dreams of being a flight attendent. Please tell me honestly if i blew this chance. I will still go and try my best to be my best but at least, I' ll know the truth.  Any information will help. Thanx 😕.

CT

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @MissCT,

We are thrilled to hear that you are excited for your upcoming interview! We do not consider any background information until an applicant has successfully completed the interview phase of our process and been given a contingent offer of employment. Best of luck in your upcoming interview!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Mrsduplechin
Explorer C

I want to apply for flight attendant for Southwest . When will you have openings I had family work for that airport many years. 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Mrsduplechin click on the link below to SW’s career site. This is where you will find the answers to your hiring questions. 

https://careers.southwestair.com

SWA Passenger, Community Champion