Lhill12
Explorer C

Do yall do flight attendant training

7 REPLIES 7

Re: flight attendant training

franktravel
Aviator B

TRAINING INFORMATION:

Q: How long is Initial Flight Attendant Training?
A: Currently, training is four weeks long and is held in Dallas, TX.

Q: Do I have to stay at the assigned hotel if I already live in Dallas?
A: Every Flight Attendant trainee is required to stay at the hotel during Flight Attendant training.

Q: Will I be paid during training?
A: No. However, within five working days after your Flight Attendant graduation, you will receive $1,200 Initial Training Pay minus applicable taxes and benefit deductions. During training, you will also receive a $425 meal stipend in the form of a pre-paid Visa card.

Q: What grade do I need to maintain in order to pass initial training?
A: Flight Attendant trainees much achieve a 90% or better on each required exam. Trainees will also have to perform the requirements of each proficiency or skill check, which tests knowledge in a specific area. There are frequent proficiency, skills checks and exams during training.

Q: If I do not pass initial training due to academics, can I reapply?
A: You may reapply. However, you must wait 12 months from the date of your last in person interview.

mabembry1
Explorer C

How often do you offer your flight attendant training classes?  and while in training is everything paid for?  Will you have to pay for you iwn flight too Dallas is training 5-days  a week.  Can you give me any more information i am getting it for my son he really would like to apply. Where go look for the application to apply? 

Thanking you in advance for all of your assistance.

Sincerely,

Carla Rush

ChristieS
Explorer C

Is the training class 5 days a week? And if I live in Dallas can I go home on the weekends?

Thanks

Whitelace78
Explorer C

Is the hotel paid for during training?

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

@Whitelace78 wrote:

Is the hotel paid for during training?

I'm going to *guess* yes based on the Q&A posted at the top of the thread indicating that the hotel is assigned and required.

Customer | Home airport DCA

Yesenia
Explorer C

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Lhill12,

Thanks for your interest in a Career at Southwest! Our Flight Attendant training program is required for Flight Attendant Candidates selected from the Interview process before they can start as a Flight Attendant. We do not recommend or endorse any Flight Attendant training programs prior to the interview process. The post from @franktravel details what all is involved in our training program.

Kelby
Southwest Careers