Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

how long is the employment screening?

AxionSyb
Explorer C

Hello i accepted a job for the ops position back in early may and did fingerprints and drug screening the week of the 24th and haven't heard anything. they say it's a long process but it's been a month since i accepted the job offer. wondering if it's normal for this to be thing long. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: how long is the employment screening?

joannaf
Employee
Employee

Hi @AxionSyb

Thank you for reaching out about this! I am sorry to hear you haven't heard much since accepting your contingent job offer and completing the background screening requirements. I would certainly advise you to check your junk and spam folders. While you are in the background process, you may receive communication from the Employment Screening team rather than a Recruiter of Coordinator you might have spoken to in the past. 

You should also have the email address of the Recruiter that conducted your phone interview or virtual interview, so I would recommend reaching out to them if you see you haven't missed any emails. 

I'll also say, we have been fortunate to interview and extend many job offers to candidates for various roles, so the employment screening process could certainly be taking a little longer than usual. We certainly appreciate your patience and understanding with this! 

Joanna F.

AxionSyb
Explorer C

Hello Joanna, i reached out to my employment screening agent on Friday and she said that the process is still on going so i guess it's just a long process to ensure everyone has a clean background.

Mizobeh
Explorer C

How long has it been overall did you hear back from them yet? I am asking because I’m in the same process I’m waiting for the background check can you tell me what to expect moving forward thanks

CourtneyW
Employee
Employee

Hi @Mizobeh,
Congratulations! The background process varies for each Candidate but be sure to monitor your phone and email (Including junk and spam folders) daily so you do not miss any important communications. 

We understand you are excited to join the Southwest Airlines Family, but this process may take some time. Rest assured, you will hear from me when new information is available!

Thank you in advance for your patience and responsiveness!

Courtney
Southwest Careers

Mizobeh
Explorer C

Thank you very much truly appreciate it

Joeytrr25
Explorer A

@CourtneyW 

Hi Courtney it's jose T from NY, i heard that the background process can take very long like 6 weeks. I applied on the 5th if Dec 2021 and I interviewed virtually on Dec 13th the 15th I did my fingerprints and drug test and that came back clear, so the 29th of Dec I did my SIDA badge application, and now it's January 15th, 2022, so most likely I'll be starting like February 7th 

I mean the SIDA APPLICATION is good news right ? Just Lil nervous cause it's a dream to come true becoming a part of the company 

williamh
Employee
Employee

Hey Jose, we're glad to hear you're excited! Yes, the background check and SIDA application can take a few weeks, generally between 4 and 6 weeks. In this case, no news is good news! We can't wait for you to start! 

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers