Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

interview phone call - has this happened to you?

MamaC5
Explorer C
We have encountered technical turbulence in getting in contact with each other.  There were two phone attempts by the recruiter, after her initial call/voicemail message on 11/11/19.  We did speak briefly and she informed me to complete the Employment Application and call her back after completion in which it was done immediately after such phone call on 11/12/19.  After submitting my Employment Application, the recruiter contacted me by phone, I was unavailable but did return her call same day and left multiple voicemail messages for the recruiter to return my call as she was unavailable to answer my calls.  After the unsuccessful phone contacts, we were in contact by email but unfortunately I am still having technical difficulties reaching the recruiter by phone as I have put in multiple calls and left multiple messages for a return call.  The following email was sent to me this morning 11/13/19:

"We haven’t been successful in getting in contact with you so I am just following up on your application one last time!  If you’re still interested in this position, please reply to this email or call me at (602)603-7530 by 11/14/2019 later than 08:00 amHST.  In order to remain consistent in our hiring practices and to be fair to all candidates, we are unable make any exceptions to this deadline.  We were really excited that you applied and looking forward to speaking to you more about the position.  Due to the high volume of applications submitted for consideration, we need to move forward in the process of filling the role so will be my final attempt to reach you.  As always, to remove yourself from consideration, simply respond to this message using Withdraw” as the subject.

Thank you again for your interest in Southwest Airlines!

I am very interested in this position and would like the opportunity to move forward with a phone interview before the due date.  Hope to hear from someone soon!"

I responded to the email and have been making multiple phone calls and have not heard from the recruiter.  Feeling very disappointed as the deadline is approaching.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: interview phone call - has this happened to you?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You did what was asked, hopefully they just haven't had a chance to call you back yet. Good luck!

--TheMiddleSeat

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@MamaC5  have you heard back yet?  

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

AWilliams
Explorer C

Please check your spam. I was regularly emailing with them and all the sudden a message went to spam.