Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

rehire

ahmedzaa
Explorer C

Hello,

I was previously employed with Southwest as a CSS. Do I have a chance of getting rehired again? I went through some really heavy personnel stuff and I lost focus and got let go before my probation was up. I really want to get back in more than anything. Can someone please tell me if it’s possible? 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: rehire

pennacook
Adventurer C

Hello,

You will need to speak to someone in Recruitment, but possibly you can start the question by emailing them.

swapeople@wnco.com.

Not sure if this is the right path to go down, but maybe someone can help direct after you reach out to them. 

best of luck

💙❤️💛

StevenBarnett19
Adventurer C

Absolutely, you have the chance to be rehired back, along with every other past employee.  The most accurate path of being rehired back is to patiently wait for an open position and then fill-out that application asap.

If your application advances to an interview, this is when rehires have their chance to explain their past situation in detail, to their recruiter/interviewer. This would be your open door.

I've tried for many years to be rehired back and I've failed multiple times but, I've never given up or lost hope. Currently, I just pasted many interviews, I passed my rehire interview, and my "rehire" is currently pending with ops in las. My fingers and toes are crossed b/c this is something I really want too BUT, if I'm declined again, I'll still continue to apply in the future and I'd say the same for you and anyone else, if you really really want it, keep applying every chance you get.

victoriagca
Explorer C

I love that you said this. I definitely wish I could talk to you more just so i’m not beating myself up about it. I left due to attendance but I guess my explanation didn’t go to well and I didn’t pass my re-hire review. I was a hard worker and people tell me that they enjoyed working with me, and I made them smile so I feel like my personality belongs there. 

StevenBarnett19
Adventurer C

@victoriagca  If you didn't pass your re-hire review, don't let that stop you from your goal AND, if you made it to your re-hire review, that means SWA's recruiter saw something positive in you and understood your reasoning, which is why they advanced you, to the re-hire panel.

Don't assume you didn't pass b/c your reason for leaving was not justifiable or explained properly. You could've failed the re-hire review due to other reasons, like; the way you presented yourself or maybe, you got choked-up on a specific question/answer.. It could've been your answer, on why you wanted to be re-hired back at SWA.. We're all judged, in more ways than one...

In my opinion, the reason why you want back, must be just as important as what made you leave.. Now that you know the process and what to expect, you'll def do much better, the next time you apply.

Try again and try harder!!!

victoriagca
Explorer C

thank you for this. I’ve been upset and my parents want me to go back also because they know how much I enjoyed the job. I’m terrible at interviews, I was so nervous and not going to lie the recruiter was intimidating a little which made it worse so I figured I messed up. I know I got let go because of my attendance but i’ve changed and definitely working on myself so I won’t ever due that again. I plan on maintaining a perfect attendance & hoping to get back and pursue my career. 

victoriagca
Explorer C

also do you know if we have to wait a year to re apply? i’m definitely eager to get back asap, and the job i’ve applied to I already know what to do. thank you in advance