Southwest Airlines Community

Re: 2 Year Old No Mask

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Lying is never a good option 

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@GirlDad Isn't the 'special person' the one who thinks that the rules shouldn't apply to them, i.e. they are somehow special?

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone. Just a friendly reminder to always be respectful when posting comments on the Community discussion forum. We want People to feel comfortable sharing their thoughts here, so please keep your tone positive. Thank you!

Nicole
Community Manager

SWflyer63
Explorer C

I totally agree on the lunacy with all of this. They’ll fill up a flight in a heartbeat. The middle seat open went out the window quit awhile ago. Unfortunately it is what it is. 

one last note: they aren’t going to arrest your 2 year old like one post here indicates. Another example of the stupidity that’s out there. They will remove you from the flight.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SWflyer63 wrote:

one last note: they aren’t going to arrest your 2 year old like one post here indicates. Another example of the stupidity that’s out there. They will remove you from the flight.

Removed - at the gate. They aren’t going to divert to an intermediate location for an otherwise well behaved kid and parent mid-flight. But you do need the kid to wear it and say they are going to wear it if asked during boarding. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Irina128
Explorer C

It will depends on the flight attendants how they will treat your 2 year old. However it seems that flight attendants get some kind of satisfaction making a big deal about 2 year olds not wearing a mask. I saw flight attendants making big deal of a young child not having a mask on while he was asleep, and not saying anything to an adult man who had mask under his chin almost entire flight.  One thing you can try to do is to get a mask exemption  document from your son's pediatrician for the flight.