Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

2 flights on same day

cspender
Explorer C

I used my SW points to book a trip and I wasn't sure what time of day was going to work out. So, I booked an additional flight on the same day, just at a different time, and was planning on cancelling one once I knew my schedule.  I got a cancellation notice from SW a couple hours later that they cancelled the initial flight that I made.   Why did they do that? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: 2 flights on same day

bec102896
Aviator A

Prohibition of Multiple/Conflicting Reservations: To promote seat availability for our Customers, Southwest prohibits multiple reservations for the same Passenger departing from the same city on the same date, or any multiple reservations containing conflicting or overlapping itineraries (such as departures for the same Customer from multiple cities at the same time). Furthermore, without advance notice to the Passenger or purchaser, Southwest may cancel such reservations, or any other reservations that it believes, in its sole discretion, were made without intent to travel. With the exception of Southwest gift cards, funds from proactively cancelled reservations by Southwest will be returned to the original form of payment. Reservations paid for with a Southwest gift card will have the amount applied from the gift card held as travel funds for use by the Customer on a future Southwest Airlines flight.

So you can't have 2 reservations from the same city on the same date 

Hope this helps

blake