Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

24 hour cancellation doesnt work.

Rippoffed
Explorer C

I've been trying to get through on your 1 800 number multiple times since I apparently "made a reservation" in error after being confused by the Southwest website. I did not book and finalize this reservation. The website tricked me into giving payment information although I was not ready to make final plans or payment. I used my mother's credit card to hold a flight, but not be charged until I finalized it and paid with my own card. I have tried many times, both email and 1.800.434.9792 several times as well as customer relations at 855.234.4654. I have waited over an hour each time to get a call back, and then listened to your music while on hold for another 15 minutes. As a matter of fact, right now, while I am typing this email to you, I have been on hold again with customer relations and listening to the music now for 17 minutes so far. Please fix this error and refund any and all charges. ATTACHED to the bottom of this email is my original correspondence with you via email. I contacted you several times within the 24 cancellation period!!! ... When I was actually able to get a live person on the line she was very polite, and she explained to me that they were indeed having issues with the lines. She basically told me there was nothing she could do to help me and that I would have to speak to Customer relations.. that is where I am right now. After MUCH of my time wasted on hold once again I finally spoke with Gary Ramsey. Mr Ramsey was completely unable to help me and would only repeat the same "there's nothing I can do it's outside the 24 hour cancelation time".

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 24 hour cancellation doesnt work.

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry you have been on hold for so long. Currently Southwest is revising some schedules based on demand and this is causing phone lines to get clogged with lots of calls for people trying to change flights. 

I would try reaching out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter in a DM and hopefully they. can assist. Keep in mind after 24 hours the ticket becomes non refundable. You could also try using the chat feature on the Southwest app and maybe they can assist as well 

-Blake

Re: 24 hour cancellation doesnt work.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Did you not try to cancel the flight online yourself, within the 24 hour period?