Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

737 Max

armone
Explorer C

I'm scheduled to fly to SFO on March 30, 2019. I don't want to fly a 737 MAX. How do I find the aircraft type I'm booked on? Thanks... Chicken little

13 REPLIES 13

Re: 737 Max

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution
Read the last two posts in this thread: https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/In-the-Air/Boeing-737-8-Max/m-p/87774#M1260

Customer | Home airport DCA

Rrober88
Explorer C

Agree. Need to avoid the 737 Max8 until thoroughly investigated.

basslaw2010
Frequent Flyer B

The Max is safe, with regard to the recent incident, that pilot was young with very little experience.

aussie2010
Explorer C

Boeing is trying to issue a fix for the Max 8. Please call them and tell them you have determined it is safe.

@basslaw2010 wrote:

The Max is safe, with regard to the recent incident, that pilot was young with very little experience.

aussie2010
Explorer C

Boeing is trying to issue a fix for the Max 8 and the FAA is making sure it is well tested. Please call them and tell them you have determined it is already safe and no need for updates.

@basslaw2010 wrote:

armone
Explorer C

I went to my reservations...I saw a flight #...but when I hover over the flight # or click on it...nothing happens. How are others finding out the aircrafr type?  I'd rather find out before boarding. Much easier to change flights that way.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey there,

Try searching via a third party flight tracker, like FlightAware. Hope this helps!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

dfwskier
Aviator A

@armone wrote:

I went to my reservations...I saw a flight #...but when I hover over the flight # or click on it...nothing happens. How are others finding out the aircrafr type?  I'd rather find out before boarding. Much easier to change flights that way.

If you are making a reservation and have input the date  of travel and departure and arrival cities, you get a list of available flights. The left side of the page lists the flight numbers. Click on a flight number and you'll learn the type of plane and get on time stats for that flight.

Kei
Explorer C

Thank you for the helpful advice.   Followed your instructions.  Looks like our carrier on LAS to SFO is 737-700.  Whew.