Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Access Denied

KPW
Explorer C

Have been attempting from the UK to enter the Southwest website to reserve flights in the USA. Have not been successful as access denied and cannot connect to the server. I see from other discussions a lot of people have had the same problem, do Southwest not recognise the fact they are not only losing customers because of this but also revenue. I see the solution is to phone the reservation number but who wants to be tied to the phone listening to continuing recorded messages when so easy to reserve via the internet. If not successful with Southwest I will be booking through another airline website to which I can connect to.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Access Denied

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Yes, it's unfortunate this continues to be a problem.  Some people have success using a VPN server based in the United States, you could give that a try.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello. Yes, this does appear to be a common problem. Don't know why it should be, but it is. Pounds asnd Euros spend just like dollars. I plan to attend the next stockholders meeting and ask the CEO about it.

The other suggestion would be to try to gety access via the cell phone app - using cel data as opposed to wi-fi. Others have had some luck trying this solution.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

New information I saw this posted on Facebook today. Very interesting.

45636061_10213789026944456_3661922625904443392_n.jpg

dfwskier
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

New information I saw this posted on Facebook today. Very interesting.

45636061_10213789026944456_3661922625904443392_n.jpg

Well, chgoflyer, that is interesting, but the response brings up a question:

How can the airline "evaluate the number of tickets it actually sells in countries that the airline does not serve" when it's website prevents people in those countries from actually buying tickets?