Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

All I hear is echo

Manda11111
Explorer C

It's been a month and 3 days since our flights were canceled and bags lost.  We bought replacements for everything we packed.   Then 2 weeks later, SW found our bags in another state and returned them via FedEx.   We've been waiting for reimbursement but only get emails occasionally saying the case has been escalated.  I have not found a way to get any answers.  The phone Customer Service reps say there is nothing to do other than email through the help link.   I've done that with no response.   I completely understand that the claims processors must be overwhelmed with work but there should be some way of keeping customers informed.  Repetitive emails to customers with no actual content do not help.  

I feel like I'm speaking into a well and only hear my own voice calling back.  

Does anyone know what else I can do to get this resolved?  

6 REPLIES 6

Re: All I hear is echo

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Your message indicates that small steps are taking place, you just appear to want them done faster.  You also say you understand they are overwhelmed, but again, want things faster.  Everything you have seen indicates work is being done and your issues are being handled.  It sounds like what is needed now is patience as the work continues.

--TheMiddleSeat

Manda11111
Explorer C

-Had to pay for AirBNB that we couldn't get to

- Had to spend Christmas alone 

- Had to do without packed medications 

- Disabled & was left in the middle of the airport isles for 45 minutes for someone to push me after the person who was pushing me said hold on, I'll be back in a minute. 

- Lived in a wheelchair on 2 different days waiting at the gate

- Lost bags for 2 weeks

- Spent days buying replacement items that were packed. (SW card so it would be protected)

- Expected reimbursementdebased on criteria laid out on website

- Bags returned but 1 was ransacked & 1 was missing the handle

- Was happy when I got the 1st escalated email

- Nothing has changed & keep getting the same email with 0 new info

- Other protections like home owners & credit cards will not pay claims until SW sends a response.  

- I will pay interest on the SW credit card very soon.

I have been plenty patient.  

I've more than held up my end of the agreement.  I simply want correspondence about how much longer this process will take.  When I know there's an end in sight, I can adjust my expectations. 

Again, is there anyone who has a suggestion that will be helpful?  My patience is only costing me more each day. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

I would suggest you explore legal options.

nushkin
Explorer A

Yep, there's that echo you were talking about.

bec102896
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

I would suggest you explore legal options.

Can I take legal action against you since you don’t follow the Community User Guidelines because post like this aren’t helpful or on topic? 

Manda11111
Explorer C

And now we know why....

SW somehow didn't create a file number for our claim so that's why it wasn't being handled.   Out of all the nice phone agents, today I spoke with someone who took his time to research and get me answers.   Now, we have to start over and submit an entirely new claim.   It's only taken over a month to uncover what happened.   So, to those who think patience is the way to go - maybe rethink your philosophy.   Had we relied on patience any longer, we would still assume our "escalated" issue was being handled behind the scenes when it hasn't been in front of anyone in all this time.