Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

All Travel Funds now extended to 9/7/22

Matt4202
Adventurer A

All travel funds have been extended to September 2022, even those that would have had an expiration past September 7th of 2020 that were not mentioned in the extension message from Southwest's CEO.

Just logged in and saw all were extended even some scheduled for November of this year and January of next year.

Thank you Southwest!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: All Travel Funds now extended to 9/7/22

bec102896
Aviator A

Yep my funds were extended yesterday. For those who's expiration dates aren't updated yet give it a day or 2 and they should be extended soon. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Matt4202 wrote:

All travel funds have been extended to September 2022, even those that would have had an expiration past September 7th of 2020 that were not mentioned in the extension message from Southwest's CEO.

Just logged in and saw all were extended even some scheduled for November of this year and January of next year.

Thank you Southwest!

Are you sure the funds weren't from a flight that was cancelled during the covered period? I've seen no evidence that funds past September 7, 2020 that were not created after March 1, 2020, have been extended. (In fact, some customers have been complaining that their funds are still set to expire just after September 7, 2020.)

As a reminder:

Funds that are set to expire or funds that are created between March 1, 2020, and September 7, 2020, will have an expiration date of September 7, 2022.

4sombreros
Explorer C

Hi,

Any chance southwest airlines will extend the use of travel funds beyond the September 7 cut off? 

My family and I have been holding off to rebook our vacation due to the COVID situation, and things are not looking any better by the deadline we have to use our funds (September 28). Even as we have looked at booking a flight before then, so many places have restrictions and complications in traveling to them. We've been flying with Southwest for many years and brag about it all the time to encourage others to fly Southwest.

Thanks,

Shane

SCRUBMOM
Explorer B

See new policy on SW site:  Can now, for a certain period of time, convert Travel Funds to RR Points that have no exp dates and can be used by anyone!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@SCRUBMOM wrote:

See new policy on SW site:  Can now, for a certain period of time, convert Travel Funds to RR Points that have no exp dates and can be used by anyone!

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but you probably don't need to post this over multiple threads. 😉

SCRUBMOM
Explorer B

NO!!!!  *****NEW POLICY (by a certain date YOU MAY CONVERT TRAVEL FUNDS TO RAPID REWARD POINTS,  WHICH HAVE NO EXPIRATION DATE AND CAN BE USED FOR ANYONE'S TRAVEL!!!!  Just converted mine.  Thank you SW!!!!!

SCRUBMOM
Explorer B

See new policy re converting Travel Funds to Rapid Reward Points!!!! No exp and can be used by anyone!