Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Animals on Board, Be Careful Where You Sit, Place the Animals in the Cargo Hold

Allergic1
Explorer C

Well Delta had an interesting gift left by an animal on a recent Delta flight...

"A Delta spokesman said the plane was taken out of service upon landing, then deep cleaned and disinfected. The airline has not explained when the emotional support animal - dog or otherwise - got sick on the previous flight, and how the mess went uncleaned until Meehan and his fellow passengers boarded. But the airline says it's investigating and intends "to prevent this from happening again".

Matthew Meehan
last Thursday

#Share #Delta #Feces
I’m covered in FECES from the person that sat in the airplane seat before me. It’s on my legs, pants shoes.... I’m NOT HAPPY DELTA! SICK!
The RED COAT manager said to me when she arrived “what’s your problem” I explained the gross situation... to my shock she said “it’s not my problem” “what do you want me to do” —- I WAS FLOORED! She had the authority to delay the flight and sanitize the area, but refused. I refused to sit. Thank GOD other passengers ste...pped forward and also said they wouldn’t sit. She had no choice but to “appear” to have someone clean. The area was cleaned poorly with paper towels, that’s it... no sanitizer... and I was told to either sit in my seat or don’t go home tonight.

Is this even legal? This is a HEALTH CODE VIOLATION! Delta was made aware of the FECES from the prior flight before MY flight boarded and no one checked to see if it was clean, I was allowed to board unknowingly and SAT IN IT covering myself in sickness and disease. No apology, no care, and was told to deal with it by Atlanta Red Coat. I’m shaking. I’m disgusted. I’m horrified. #SHARE SHARE SHARE

CBS Miami NBC 6 WSVN-TV WSB-TV FOX 5 Atlanta CDC USPHS I have a 15 minute video of the acknowledgement of feces before we were allowed to board, acknowledgement they didn’t clean it, and being told to sit in it or don’t go home. Delta Air Lines Federal Aviation Administration

See More
No automatic alt text available.
Image may contain: one or more people

1 REPLY 1

Re: Animals on Board, Be Careful Where You Sit, Place the Animals in the Cargo Hold

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

This is indeed a terrible situation, and I am glad that the major airines have tightened their emotional support animals policies. 

Given that this happened on another airline, I would hope that no one on SW would ever have am experience like this. And if they happen to, I am confident that the SW folks would go above and beyond to remedy the situation .

-A List, Companion Pass holder