Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Animals on Plane

SteveSnow
Explorer C

Just saw the negative story about a woman who was removed forceably from a Southwest flight because she indicated she had a severe animal allergy and there were two dogs on board. Also read that Southwest will not allow a passenger to fly if they have this kind of allergy. Show me an airline that doesn't allow ANY animals except seeing-eye dogs on board and I will always fly that airline. Comfort animals are BS! If you can't fly without the pet, don't fly. Take a bus or train, or just don't go. If you need to take your pet with you, it should be in the cargo hold like it used to be back before airlines apparently cared more about their human passengers.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Animals on Plane

LizF
Explorer B

I lost a significant amount of my hearing from an autoimmune disorder.  I can't hear soft noises or any higher pitched sounds such as a SMOKE DETECTOR, CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR, POLICE AND AMBULANCE SIRENS, TORNADO SIRENS, RATTLESNAKES, doorbells, kitchen timers, rattlesnakes, and etc...  I am blessed with a hearing alert service dog that alerts me upon hearing such important sounds. I have never experienced a fire or CO2 poisoning in my home, but my service dog alerted me to a timber rattlesnake that was within 2 yards of my feet and a tornado siren (when visiting my elderly mother in Oklahoma).

I'm saddened that you are so uneducated and believe being blind is the only disability.  I hope I never have to meet you or sit anywhere near you on a SW flight with my service dog.

Re: Animals on Plane

LizF
Explorer B

I lost a significant amount of my hearing from an autoimmune disorder.  I can't hear soft noises or any higher pitched sounds such as a smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector, police and ambulance sirens, rattlesnakes, doorbells, kitchen timers, rattlesnakes, and etc...  I am blessed with a hearing alert service dog that alerts me upon hearing such important sounds. I have never experienced a fire or CO2 poisoning in my home, but my service dog alerted me to a timber rattlesnake that was within 2 yards of my feet and a tornado siren (when visiting my elderly mother in Oklahoma).

I'm saddened that you are so uneducated and believe being blind is the only disability.  I hope I never have to meet you or sit anywhere near you on a SW flight with my service dog.