Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Arbitrarily kicked off return flight, WITH a round trip ticket.

Jeffplummer2000
Explorer C

I flew TO San Diego on a ROUND TRIP TICKET for my grandsons graduation from Marine boot camp on Southwest airlines. Because of the shirt I was wearing I was capriciously, arbitrarily, and wantonly kicked off my return flight. It did NOT contain ANY swear word's.  I was a VICTIM of a condescending anti free speech employee. My first amendment rights were denied me by this employee who was intent on denying me FREE SPEECH. Solely due to HER biias. I PAID for the ticket, honoring MY contract with Southwest airlines. Southwest airlines did NOT honor it's contract with ME. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Arbitrarily kicked off return flight, WITH a round trip ticket.

franktravel
Aviator B

Southwest Airlines Co. Contract of Carriage.

Refusal to transport:

Carrier may, in its sole discretion, refuse to transport, or may remove from an aircraft at any point, any Passenger in any of the circumstances listed below. The fare of any Passenger denied transportation or removed from Carrier’s aircraft en route under the provisions of this Section will be refunded in accordance with Section 9. The sole recourse of any Passenger refused transportation or removed en route will be the recovery of the refund value of the unused portion of his Ticket. Under no circumstances shall Carrier be liable to any Passenger for any type of special, incidental, or consequential damages.

Persons whose clothing is lewd, obscene, or patently offensive.

Re: Arbitrarily kicked off return flight, WITH a round trip ticket.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The first amendment pertains to the US government creating laws or otherwise abridging freedom of speech. Southwest is not the US government.

As you've discovered, flying isn't a right. And Southwest, as a private company, is allowed to define requirements for it's passengers.

I'd love to know what your shirt said. 😉