Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Are Route Maps Accurate?

SDtraveler
Explorer C

According to the Route Map, SAN has direct flights to ORF and MKE.  However in searching I don't see any direct flights scheduled. 

Not sure if I am missing something but would be nice if Southwest maintained route map based on curent flight schedules as I don't think it is accurate

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Are Route Maps Accurate?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Route maps are based on tickets currently available for sale.  It appears the non-stop service from SAN to MKE and ORF is seasonal with the following schedule:

SAN-MKE non-stops are on Saturdays beginning June 15 and ending on August 3. 

SAN-ORF non-stops are on Sundays beginning June 9 and ending on August 4.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

SDtraveler
Explorer C

Thanks, how were you able to find those flights?  Just seeing if there is a more efficient way than just searching day by day...

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Sadly there's not a quick, easy way to find the non-stops.  I pick a random date in a month then look at every day of the following week to see if there are flights.  If not, then I go on to the next month and repeat.  When you do find one you can determine which days of the week the flight operates and then check that/those days until you determine the service stops.  It takes some work, but it's pretty quick after you've done it a few times.

--TheMiddleSeat