Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Authority to change reservation

JGrajewski
Explorer C

If I purchashed (under my account and my card) plane tickets for several family members, does that mean anyone on the group reservation has the ability to change the entire family's reservation?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Authority to change reservation

bec102896
Aviator A

Yes anyone that is on the reservation and has the confirmation number can change the reservation. 

-Blake

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@bec102896 I believe you would have to call though, right? If I'm booked onto a reservation by someone else and they add my Rapid Rewards number to the reservation, the reservation will show up in my account and I will see the confirmation number, but can't make changes online. I could call with that info though and make changes, right? I guess the best way to ensure no one can do anything would be to exclude everyone's Rapid Rewards numbers?

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat 

If your RR number is attached you should be able to change the flight. For example if I book a flight for a friend and me my friend should be able to change it online for both of us. If they want to change to a different flight for them only then they would have to call and be split off. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@TheMiddleSeat 

If your RR number is attached you should be able to change the flight. For example if I book a flight for a friend and me my friend should be able to change it online for both of us. If they want to change to a different flight for them only then they would have to call and be split off. 

Do you even have to be logged in if you have the names and confirmation number?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.