Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Avoid Southwest Hotel booking system

Anniechadwick
Explorer C

Agree that Southwest Airlines Airlines has been great and very customer-service focused. BUT they NEED to disassociate with booking.com as they have terrible service and their version of “dynamic” pricing is actually a bait and switch. They trick you into buying one deal and then it is suddenly unavailable at the time of purchase. I understand dynamic pricing and if it was Southwest direct I would understand that the deal was simply no longer available as they would no longer display it as such. In this case, they continue to advertise the better deals as available and many times they are- but it’s too late if you’ve bought a non-refundable package. I will NEVER use them again and, frankly, it makes me question using Southwest as well. Delta may be my airline of choice moving forward.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Anniechadwick I'm no fan of booking.com, but switching airlines because Southwest makes money advertising for them?  That seems silly to me.  Delta partners with Expedia which I wouldn't say is much better than booking.com.  Book directly with hotels for best results and book your flights based on the airline, not their partners.

--TheMiddleSeat

Anniechadwick
Explorer C

@TheMiddleSeat you may be right. Frustrated though because it’s not just about advertising- it’s the partnership where points are offered, etc.  If SWA chooses to so closely align with this group. they need to be accountable for how they treat their customers who are purchasing based on their trust in SWA.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Anniechadwick wrote:

@TheMiddleSeat you may be right. Frustrated though because it’s not just about advertising- it’s the partnership where points are offered, etc.  If SWA chooses to so closely align with this group. they need to be accountable for how they treat their customers who are purchasing based on their trust in SWA.

I disagree, I don't see it as an endorsement, but rather the best financial agreement for Southwest.  Points are offered for lots of things, including eating at my local Jack in the Box, and I don't see any responsibility on Southwest to ensure I have a good meal.

At least we agree booking.com is not a good place to book hotels.

--TheMiddleSeat