Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Bad experience

armelle
Explorer C

Had this worst experience ever, Had a flight at 6am from Chicago to Philadelphia on this Monday morning in order to get to work after the weekend... Woke up at 4am went to the airport passed security get to the gate and oh it's cancelled... I wasn't aware... Next flight 4:20 PM Chicago to STL STL to PHL at 7:45 PM ... 

The only information I had is they sent you a text at 11 pm telling you it was cancelled ... That's it 11 pm when you have to get up at  4am people are actually sleeping and probably not seeing it ... 

Attendings, information was just bad 

And of course you don't get any voucher or some sort of refund for this kind of issue

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bad experience

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@armelle wrote:

Had this worst experience ever, Had a flight at 6am from Chicago to Philadelphia on this Monday morning in order to get to work after the weekend... Woke up at 4am went to the airport passed security get to the gate and oh it's cancelled... I wasn't aware... Next flight 4:20 PM Chicago to STL STL to PHL at 7:45 PM ... 

The only information I had is they sent you a text at 11 pm telling you it was cancelled ... That's it 11 pm when you have to get up at  4am people are actually sleeping and probably not seeing it ... 

Attendings, information was just bad 

And of course you don't get any voucher or some sort of refund for this kind of issue

Every airline cancels flights, and they all try to notify affected travellers as soon as possible

Southwest texted you the night before You could have checked your texts when you got up at 4 am.

Yes you can always get a refund for any flight that Southwest cancels. You have to ask for it.

You can file a complaint and ask for a voucher (good for future travel on SW) for your trouble.

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-...

Sorry you ran into trouble, but this kind of thing happens to everyone that travels enough.