Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding a Flight

cindt1226
Explorer C

My mom and I are flying from Houston to Denver. If my mom can’t board in Houston since she may be in Dallas at that time can she board there instead? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Boarding a Flight

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@cindt1226 I think what you are asking is if your mother can board in Dallas instead of Houston with you? If that’s the case, you need to contact SWA and have the reservation changed. She can’t just show up and expect to board on the next flight to Denver while in Dallas. Click on the link below for more information. Good luck! 

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/how-tos/book-and-manage-air-pol.html

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

cindt1226
Explorer C

Thanks for reply! My mom is supposed to board with me in Houston. She said however there could be possibility that she’ll be in Dallas at that time. The ticket departs Houston arrives Dallas change planes and then departs to Denver. Could she board in Dallas with me since I’m arriving there to change planes?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@cindt1226 wrote:

Thanks for reply! My mom is supposed to board with me in Houston. She said however there could be possibility that she’ll be in Dallas at that time. The ticket departs Houston arrives Dallas change planes and then departs to Denver. Could she board in Dallas with me since I’m arriving there to change planes?

No, when she failed to board in Houston her itinerary would be canceled so there wouldn't be an opportunity to get a boarding pass and the ticket would be canceled by attempting to hop on in Dallas insated.

Up to ten minutes prior to the flight departing Houston she could change the reservation to one that originates in Dallas for her (on the same flight you are taking). 

Obviously the price today may be higher - although no change fee she would have to pay the current price, and also check that the flight has availability.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@cindt1226 wrote:

No, when she failed to board in Houston her itinerary would be canceled so there wouldn't be an opportunity to get a boarding pass and the ticket would be canceled by attempting to hop on in Dallas insated.

Up to ten minutes prior to the flight departing Houston she could change the reservation to one that originates in Dallas for her (on the same flight you are taking). 

Obviously the price today may be higher - although no change fee she would have to pay the current price, and also check that the flight has availability.

What David said about the ticket being canelled if she misses the flight is VERY important as if she is on a round trip ticket, the return would also be cancelled.