Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booked NonStop SMF to OGG June travel. SW Changed my NonStop to a 4 hours layover

msbianco84
Explorer C

Can SW do this?! We booked in Feb for June travel. SMF to OGG. Non Stop. They have changed the itinerary twice. SW now put us on a flight with a 4 hour layover and changed our return flight. Is this because we used our frequent flier miles? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Booked NonStop SMF to OGG June travel. SW Changed my NonStop to a 4 hours layover

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No, it's because flight schedules change.  If you can find a flight/routing you would prefer to have over the one you have been moved to call Southwest and request you be changed.  I strongly suggest you look for options you would prefer before calling and just requesting something different.  If you call and specify exactly what you would prefer that will make it much easier.  You may also want to look at different dates than you originally booked for more options.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Booked NonStop SMF to OGG June travel. SW Changed my NonStop to a 4 hours layover

GettingFedUp
Explorer C

My last 5-6 flights have been changed, canceled, etc. So much so that I called and complained and was given a $150 voucher, which is useless because I pay with points and they won't convert it. Today, I learned my flight from Houston to Miami in June was changed from nonstop to a layover with plane change in Dallas. But more importantly, it means I won't make it to the cruise ship in time, and there's no other flights. So now I have to fly in the day before and pay for a hotel. Thanks Southwest, I'm real close to canceling my SW Visa, and moving on to a more reliable airline that honors their schedules.