Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booking with Travel Funds for a Flight and Hotel

TybeeDawg
Explorer C

My wife is trying to book a flight, plus an added hotel stay on the SWA website, she is also using Travel Funds rom two prior flights.  The Travel Funds do not expire until next year and the new flight is for next month (Nov 2018).  I checked her Travel Funds to make sure they still showed as good and for the correct dollar amounts.

When she goes to use them for the reservation (the airfare is more than the amount of the Travel Funds) it applies them but shows that they have zero value.  I have asked her try her reservation without adding the hotel stay to see if that works.

Is there a bug that doesn't allow you to use the Travel Funds if you have airfare and a hotel stay added to the reservation?

Patrick

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Booking with Travel Funds for a Flight and Hotel

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TybeeDawg wrote:

My wife is trying to book a flight, plus an added hotel stay on the SWA website, she is also using Travel Funds rom two prior flights.  The Travel Funds do not expire until next year and the new flight is for next month (Nov 2018).  I checked her Travel Funds to make sure they still showed as good and for the correct dollar amounts.

When she goes to use them for the reservation (the airfare is more than the amount of the Travel Funds) it applies them but shows that they have zero value.  I have asked her try her reservation without adding the hotel stay to see if that works.

Is there a bug that doesn't allow you to use the Travel Funds if you have airfare and a hotel stay added to the reservation?

Patrick

I don't know about a bug, but it would be easy enough to book the flight and then when it comes back to say "care to add a hotel?" after the ticket is purchased to add the hotel separately. I believe it will still be shown collected with the same confirmation number if added after booking the flight.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Booking with Travel Funds for a Flight and Hotel

dfwskier
Aviator A

If I undewrstand you correctly, your wife is trying to book airfare and hotel on the same reservation?

If so, that's the problem. Travel funds are only useable on airfare purchases.