Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Business receipts

Explorer C

Why is it so difficult to simply get a DECENT AND SIMPLISTIC receipt???

I have a team that travels and I need documentation to submit to accounting for expense purposes. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RECEIVING AN EMAIL WITH A BUNCH OF USELESS INFORMATION ON IT. 

I am asking about a simple receipt that states the basic travel itinerary and the accounting info. THATS ALL. 

WHAT GIVES SWA !!!! 

WHERES THE LUV ?????

43 REPLIES 43

Re: Business receipts

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

You (they) can download this after the flight in simple format without all of the detail if you go to "past travel" on the account.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Explorer C

PAST TRAVEL.. is not an option. I book flights months in advance and have to turn in documentation prior to the travel date..  We pay for flights far before we travel.. So Past Travel is not an option.. thanks anyway to Rising Star, for the shout out.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@64518731

Hopefully @DancingDavidE has offered a solution that will work for you, but if not, you can contact our Customer Relations Department at 1-855-234-4654 for assistance with obtaining a past travel receipt. 

Re: Business receipts,,, NOT PAST TRAVEL...

Explorer C

PAST TRAVEL.. is not an option. I book flights months in advance and have to turn in documentation prior to the travel date..  We pay for flights far before we travel.. So Past Travel is NOT an option.. SWA is the only airline that doesnt offer this (receipts PRIOR TO TRAVEL) to HELP their customers..

Please Help

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @64518731,

We'll work with you to get the documentation that you need for your business travel. Please reach out to our Customer Relations Department on Twitter (@Southwestair) or call at 1-855-234-4654. 

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, so we can offer suggestions and tell you what has worked for others in the past, but we don't have the ability to do research or pull information from individual accounts. That said, I know that you, and others, would really like to see a simpler process for obtaining travel receipts, and I have shared that information with our Marketing and Technology Departments. 

joykeepin
Explorer C

IT IS A RECEIPT. It is not brain surgery. All other airlines give clear and concise receipts. SW needs to catch up. Calling CS is not what every business person wants to do for every flight. Even PayPal gives you a receipt for Pete's sake. Let's stop the patronizing and get this done. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@joykeepin wrote:

IT IS A RECEIPT. It is not brain surgery. All other airlines give clear and concise receipts. SW needs to catch up. Calling CS is not what every business person wants to do for every flight. Even PayPal gives you a receipt for Pete's sake. Let's stop the patronizing and get this done. 

Morning.

SW provides a comprehensive (as least as comprehensive as any othe r airline) receipt upon booking via a confirmation e-mail. Travelers can get one at the airport from any SW kiosk. Upon completion of travel, one can get a receipt from the SW website.

Given the above, I guess I don't understand what you are looking for.

Guerry
Explorer C

I happen to think that SWA is the most customer-friendly airline on the planet (although admirttedly the bar is set pretty low). That said, I am in total lock-step agreement with the other fliers in this thread regarding the need to be able to go to he SWA website and retrieve a simpe receipt. Receipts should be provided for ANY travel that has been purchased/paid for, regardless whether the flight has been completed or not. With alll due respect, the inferrance that providing receipts only for past flights is an acceptable pracgtice is clueless. The IRS only cares about what you've spent on business expenses. They could care less whether you actually received the product or service you paid for. Therefore i's a requirement in virtually all organizations that business expenses have to be reported in the month they occur. When or if the travel for a pruchased airline ticket actually takes place is entirely irrlevant. And quite honestly, it's a no-brainer that SWA is obligated provide a receipt for something thaty have already been paid for. Likewise, forcing cusotmers to sort through a month of SWA SPAM to find what is a really a very messy emailed confirmation/receipt isn't a good option either. Nor is forcing us to call your customer service, which requires us to wait for them to email a receipt. Doing expense reports is already time-consuming enough. Stop making it worse, but more importantly, be more respectful of your customers time by doing what EVERY other travel website already does. PROVIDE A SIMPLE ONLINE RECEIPT! 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Guerry wrote:

When or if the travel for a pruchased airline ticket actually takes place is entirely irrlevant. And quite honestly, it's a no-brainer that SWA is obligated provide a receipt for something thaty have already been paid for. Likewise, forcing cusotmers to sort through a month of SWA SPAM to find what is a really a very messy emailed confirmation/receipt isn't a good option either.

Southwest does provide a receipt -- each and every time you book or change a flight the airline sends you an e-mail receipt.

The e-mailed receipt isn't messy. You just need to print the first two pages at 50%. Everything you need is at the bottom of the first page and the top of the second. Ergo, print at 50% and everything is together right in the middle of your one page printed document.