Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Business receipts,,, NOT PAST TRAVEL...

Foundrel
Explorer C

I just had an experience where I did not get a receipt email after making a reservation (I only got the itinerary email). I was shocked that you couldn't just log in to your account and get a receipt for an upcoming trip. Currently on hold...this stinks. And it is a waste of their internal resources to have service reps handle something that should be self-service online. 

Re: Business receipts,,, NOT PAST TRAVEL...

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Foundrel wrote:

I just had an experience where I did not get a receipt email after making a reservation (I only got the itinerary email). I was shocked that you couldn't just log in to your account and get a receipt for an upcoming trip. Currently on hold...this stinks. And it is a waste of their internal resources to have service reps handle something that should be self-service online. 

Hello.

One does not get two e-mails (receipt and itinerary) upon booking a flight. The itinerary e-mail contains all of the information one would expect to see on a receipt.

Re: Business receipts

ashnorcal
Explorer C

Just want to weigh in on the new format. It's now 3 pages to print, and the important info is split between two pages: Confirmation # and to and from cities and cost on page one; and the times and flight # on page 2. WHY????!!!!!! It's a waste of paper.

Also, if you make a change in an itinerary, you only get the info for the amount of the change, with no other historical cost information. I need the entire cost tracking.

PLEASE revamp the printed receipt so it is useful for those of us who must print out receipts to attach to expense reports. (FWIW, I handle travel for a SW customer who has over 800,000 Rapid Rewards, so it's almost an everyday thing for me.)

LUV Southwest anyway!!

Thanks for listening.

MD
Explorer C

I just spent over $20k on almost 100 flights for my company, and now I have to print 3-4 pages of paper for each ticket. So that will be more than half a ream of paper just to get those expenses approved. That is assinine.

udog252
Explorer C

Also, what happened to fax receipt option? It disappeared overnight with new "clean" dashboard with only email option available. So simple - why'd you have to eliminate that? Now I have to tie up the rez line to get it.

sheitert
Explorer C

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE....

I have been SWA biggest fan for years but need some help.  Please fix the issue of receipts for upcoming flights.  Business travelers need to be able to print a receipt for flights PRIOR to actually flying.  It is no longer available through RR.  A single page simple receipt with flight and cost.  I tried going into the flight and finding "resend receipt", but I received another email that just had itinerary.  I had to call customer service who send me an email that had it, but it printed on 3 pages - I had to cut and past the receipt to get it on a single page.  I don't like doing kindergarten work.

I've always loved how SWA makes things simple.  Please give business travelers a simple way to print a receipt to use for our expenses!!!

jessie883r
Explorer C

Just also want to comment that I too find the lack of pulling a receipt online PRIOR to travel frustrating an would also like a simplified receipt that can be accessed online. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

The e-mail confimration you receive as soon as you book a flight is your receipt. It is sent to you seconds after you have completed the booking process.

It contains your name, dates of travel, city pairs with flight numbers, and the cost.

Just print it and use it.

stlyons84
Explorer C

The email is three pages long to print.  Client accounting department wants it all on one page, easy to see who is traveling, date, where and amount paid.  This should be easy.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@stlyons84 wrote:

The email is three pages long to print.  Client accounting department wants it all on one page, easy to see who is traveling, date, where and amount paid.  This should be easy.  

Agree, but at this point no one on this board knows of any way to get it on one page until after the flight - the best recommendation is to send the confirmation in all of its three-page glory.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.