Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Business receipts

jmjellyfish13
Explorer C

I completely agree!  Sometimes the executive books their own flights and I don't know about it till the credit card statement comes and I don't have a receipt to correspond with the charge.  I used to be able to go on and print off what I needed and now I have to bother the executive with something that used to be so simple.

sheryls
Explorer C

I wanted to bring this topic up to date.  Just recently, SW changed their emails to NOT include the invoice.  It simply has the confirmation number, date and times of your flight.  No invoice or price paid.  I then called SW and waited 20 minutes for help.  The SW customer service did not even know that there is no invoice attached to or embedded in the email.  She also had no idea how to download the receipt from their website.  Basically 45 minutes of wasted time and still no invoice.  It is IMPOSSIBLE to print a receipt to expense your airfare prior to your trip.  SW customer service is worse and not better.  They have also made the invoice process impossible.  Her only solution was to call each time you need an invoice and they will "try" to figure it out.  I did book the tickets on SWABIZ.  Again, ridiculous they make business travel so difficult.  They also do not accommodate any changes to flights based on surgeries, viruses, etc.  They basically said that they will NOT accommodate but you are more than welcome to pay the additional fares for changes in flights.  Every other airline is accommodating customers' requests due to the virus outbreak and companies cancelling all travel.  SW doesn't care.  Time to switch airlines.  No longer customer or business friendly.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@sheryls wrote:

I changed a reservation yesterday, my e-mail receipt included all things you say yours did not. (cleansed to remove all personal information).

You need to look BELOW the flight information for the info you want.

Your itinerary

Flight 1:

Tuesday, 03/10/2020

Est. Travel Time: 2h 15m

Wanna Get Away®

FLIGHT

# 0763

DEPARTS

DAL 07:35PM

Dallas (Love)

ARRIVES

MDW 09:50PM

Chicago (Midway)

Flight 2:

Tuesday, 03/17/2020

Est. Travel Time: 2h 15m

Wanna Get Away®

FLIGHT

# 2207

DEPARTS

MDW 09:05PM

Chicago (Midway)

ARRIVES

DAL 11:20PM

Dallas (Love)

Payment information

Total cost

Air - conf # here

Base Fare

$

U.S. Transportation Tax

$

U.S. 9/11 Security Fee

$

U.S. Passenger Facility Chg

$

U.S. Flight Segment Tax

$

Total

$

Payment

Refund to: Travel Funds
Date: March 8, 2020

Refund Amount: $xxxx

Credit from ticket: #xxxxxx to #xxxxx
Date: February 14, 2020

Your travel funds will be held under this flight's confirmation number. See fare rules below for more information.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@sheryls wrote:

They basically said that they will NOT accommodate but you are more than welcome to pay the additional fares for changes in flights.  Every other airline is accommodating customers' requests due to the virus outbreak and companies cancelling all travel.  SW doesn't care.  

There's nothing to accommodate here because the other airlines are doing what Southwest already does: no fees to change flights. All other airlines charge fees as high as $200 (on top of the difference in flight cost) just to change a flight. The airlines are now waiving those change fees. Southwest has never charged fees to change flights, so there's nothing they need to do differently.  

--Jessica