Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

ByeBye

Hadenough
Explorer C

I have been a loyal customer of SWA for the past 15 years.  I have refused to fly anyone else, no matter the destination.  I have used my Rapid Rewards card for all purchases possible.  That all ends today.  I have "had enough" with today's video of SWA kicking off a family who had a 3 year old child with a disorder because "he might not wear his mask"???? 

To others, you do what you will, but this has to stop.

To SWA, you have disappointed me to no end.  I will never be back.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: ByeBye

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

What should Southwest do? Not follow FEDERAL MANDATE?

ALL passengers 2 years and older must wear a mask per federal regulation. It's not up to the airline to decide who wears a mask. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Hadenough
Explorer C

Watch the clip, the child was wearing the mask.  Has nothing to do with any federal requirement.

ThomasPaine
Explorer C

I have now gone back to my legacy airline.  Between the baby and the guy kicked off the flight for not putting his mask on between bites of candy, this has gotten totally out of hand and I am through with Southwest (and I have top tier status).

The folks who spout - ad nauseam - the trite phrase, "Follow the science" are stepping all over their own anatomy.  (A) Face diapers do not stop a virus (TRUE SCIENCE), (B) You are sitting inches from a potential host; slapping the face diaper on in between bites is not mitigating your exposure or their exposure to you (TRUE SCIENCE), (C) the "vaccine" (actually, it's gene therapy) is supposed to render you less susceptible to the virus (so either it works or it doesn't, but they don't know since there have been no true clinical trials.  The "clinical trials" are now being done on the entire world population.) and (D) children are reported not to be spreaders or vulnerable, so why torture the poor little ones by trapping bacteria across their face and increasing their CO2 loads?

This comment is not posted for debate.  I do OSHA training on PPE.  These are facts.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ThomasPaine wrote:

I have now gone back to my legacy airline.  Between the baby and the guy kicked off the flight for not putting his mask on between bites of candy, this has gotten totally out of hand and I am through with Southwest (and I have top tier status).

Hmmm, anyone that actually has "top tier status" would have said what that it -- A List

Preferred.

As far as your legacy airline goes, get ready for the same mask enforcement as Southwest does - after all, all airlines have to enforce the same federal rule -- the feds require it ---  whether you like it or not. 

Happy flying!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Hmmm, anyone that actually has "top tier status" would have said what that it -- A List

Preferred.

Exactly my thought too. Clearly not a Southwest flyer. And the rest of the post is garbage. Not up for debate? Lol

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@Hadenough 

I agree with @TheMiddleSeat @dfwskier it was murky water when I read this too.  But anyway, to @Hadenough I just flew to Denver and had an open middle seat both ways, THANKS for not flying, you opened up that seat for me and I got to spread out.  Happy Trails to you. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I'm only guessing here, but this sounds like the family was asked "will your child wear their mask?" and they responded "who knows" or "I don't think so" and they the FA were stuck.

You have to go into it with at least the intention of your kid wearing their mask.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.