Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CANCEL ON SOUTHWEST JUST LIKE THEY ARE DOING TO US!!!

kstokes
Explorer B

I am disappointed to report that yesterday I was the victim of 2 random, last-minute flight cancellations by Southwest due to "maintenence".   Like many loyal Southwest customers likely were, I was SHOCKED.  I have always touted to my buddies who are loyal to United, Delta, or AA, that you will not be the victim of vague "maintenence" cancellations if you fly Southwest.  Yesterday, I was proven wrong.   I now question the reliability of Southwest and whether this airline will get me to my destination.    Therefore, I plan on cancelling all future Southwest trips until Southwest can give me assurances that it will not randomly ground flights at the last second.  I AM ASKING EVERYONE WHO FLIES SOUTHWEST TO DO THE SAME.  CANCEL ALL FUTURE RESERVATIONS UNTIL SOUTHWEST GETS ITS ACT TOGETHER.  YOU CANNOT COUNT ON SOUTHWEST, SO YOU MAY AS WELL TAKE CONTROL AND HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS!!  UNTIL THEY ASSURE US THEY WILL NOT CANCEL FLIGHTS AT THE LAST SECOND, LETS'S ALL FLY THOSE OTHER AIRLINES.    

4 REPLIES 4

Re: CANCEL ON SOUTHWEST JUST LIKE THEY ARE DOING TO US!!!

bec102896
Aviator A

@kstokes 

I'm sorry to hear your flight was cancelled yesterday. While cancelled flights are never fun they do happen and they happen on all airlines just like delays. There are many reasons the cancellation might come last minute such as weather, a maintenance issue that would cause a crew time out if it was fixed (some issues take longer to fix than others), or a delay earlier in the day that could cause a crew time out just to name a few possibilities of why you were cancelled.

If you would like to discuss this experience with Southwest I would recommend you reach out to customer relations at 855-234-4654 or you can click on the contact us link at the bottom of this page where you can send a message and someone from Southwest will respond as soon as possible. 

Blake

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@kstokes wrote:

I am disappointed to report that yesterday I was the victim of 2 random, last-minute flight cancellations by Southwest due to "maintenence".   Like many loyal Southwest customers likely were, I was SHOCKED.  I have always touted to my buddies who are loyal to United, Delta, or AA, that you will not be the victim of vague "maintenence" cancellations if you fly Southwest.  Yesterday, I was proven wrong.   I now question the reliability of Southwest and whether this airline will get me to my destination.    Therefore, I plan on cancelling all future Southwest trips until Southwest can give me assurances that it will not randomly ground flights at the last second.  I AM ASKING EVERYONE WHO FLIES SOUTHWEST TO DO THE SAME.  CANCEL ALL FUTURE RESERVATIONS UNTIL SOUTHWEST GETS ITS ACT TOGETHER.  YOU CANNOT COUNT ON SOUTHWEST, SO YOU MAY AS WELL TAKE CONTROL AND HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS!!  UNTIL THEY ASSURE US THEY WILL NOT CANCEL FLIGHTS AT THE LAST SECOND, LETS'S ALL FLY THOSE OTHER AIRLINES.    

I responsed to your earlier post here: Companion boarding.

(Keep in mind that posting the exact same thing in multiple places here isn't allowed.)

Rallytime14
Explorer A

A lot to take in there. 

1) Sorry your flights got cancelled. That’s never fun, no matter the cause. 

2) Not sure why you promoted to your buddies that a Southwest flight would never get cancelled for maintenance reasons. That can happy to any airline or any plane, regardless of the carrier. Most of the time, cancellations will be mandated by the FAA based on the work being done, so this isn’t something that can airline-specific. 

3) Not sure that going scorched-earth on an airline because you were inconvenienced is the best way to direct your efforts. By your logic, every time you have a flight cancelled or delayed you are going cold turkey on said airline. Eventually, you are going to run out of airlines to fly.

4) Most people fly airlines based on either loyalty (frequent flier programs) or the fact that they have the cheapest fare, with a majority being the latter. People care about saving money and my guess is as long as Southwest has cheap flights and no bag fees, folks are going to keep flying regardless. Hence why I wouldn’t waste your time and effort trying to drum up a phony boycott. 

kstokes
Explorer B

Believe me, I know all about how air travel works.  What is happening right now is a complete breakdown in Southwest.   I seriously do not trust that they will get me to my destination until they resolve whatever this dispute is.  Call it a "phony boycott" if you like.  It is simply advice to anyone who is travelling with Southwest in the coming weeks.   They will cancel on you at the last second so why not do it first?