Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cabin Attendants' Dress

pjfromnj
Explorer C

On May 3, 2017 I flew Southwest from Milwaukee to Fort Lauderdale and was absolutely shocked to see the two cabin attendants (a man and a woman) both wearing shorts.   The man wore a white tee shirt and sneakers, the woman wore a casual blouse and sneakers.   Both of them were helpful and did their jobs well.

Is this the way Southwest allows its attendants to dress?   I have flown Southwest several times before and always noted that the attendants dressed in official airline uniforms.

I personally believe their outfits were most inappropriate.  Is this the image that Southwest wants its present and future flyers to relate to the airline?  I certainly hope not!   

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cabin Attendants' Dress

djspencer55
Explorer C

I'm pretty sure that I've seen them in official Southwest bold blue shorts before. It's not common, but I've seen it. 

This week was the first I noticed the women in black leatherette boots and skirts with stockings.

pisquano
Explorer C

So, "both of them were helpful and did their jobs well", and you worry about the attire?

I am sure that on United they wear great uniforms...

tbaxter33
Explorer C

I have flown Southwest many times and have seen them dressed in shorts.  For me, it fosters an easy-going, less "stiff", and FUN atmosphere on the flights.  I completely support the less structured and more fun apparel worn by SWA employees.  

ROfromTO
Explorer C

I see a lot of shorts on the West Coast flights..... Does not bother me or anyone else on the flights as their service is great and their spirit is good..... Relaxed atmosphere helps with stressful flying jitters.