Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Call-Back Option Is a Hoax

ujagada
Explorer C

I have been attempting to reach customer service to rebook a cancelled flight for a few hours now. I selected the call-option to receive a call once my place in line was reached, and was promised a call in 30 minutes. 

A call came in 30 minutes, however, when I picked it up I received nothing but silence. After abuot 25 seconds, it hung up on me without saying a word. I recieved another call about 5 minutes later and the same happened. Then I recieved a call then ended after a single ring.

I have now lost my place in line and have to wait 48 minutes. This is unacceptable; it seems to me like the call-back feature exists only to get customers off of the line.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Call-Back Option Is a Hoax

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear that you have run into trouble. It seems that the system is overloaded by all of the cancellations in the midwest..

You can try to rebook online by logging on and trying to change your flight. The function doesn't always work. If not ..

Try sending a tweet or e-mail instead. Click on "contact us" at the bottom of this page, and then pick tweet or e-mail from the top left of the ensuing page.

Good luck.

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@ujagada

sorry to hear about your experience. I don’t really have an explanation and I haven’t used the callback feature today.

i have used it in the past without any problems, so maybe it is the winter weather overload as @dfwskier suggests.  

I hope that your question/issue got resolved and wish that I could be more help today.  The callback feature has worked in the past.

Mhops
Explorer C

It is a joke unless 15 minutes really means an hour to SWA. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

As  I said earler in he thread, try e-mail instead.

I've done so a few times and typically gotten a return call within less than 15 minutes.

It's certainly less maddening than waiting on hold or for a call back that may fail due to system overload

Re: Call-Back Option Not Working

Irnmnx2
Explorer C

Do not use the call back option.  Just waited 69 minutes for the call back. It called and immediately hung up.  

Seversos1
Explorer B

Happened to me too. On hold isn’t working either.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@lrnmnx2 @Seversos1 I'm sorry - we're aware that the callback option is experiencing some technical difficulties, and we're working to get it resolved. In the meantime, Twitter is a great option for reaching out to us @Southwestair.