Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can I fly with my tortoises? I have 4 turtles. They go with me everywhere.

BirdofHeaven
Explorer C

My turtles are " my family " . They go everywhere with me. They are my emotional support. I have an approved  carryon pet carrier . They are well behaved quiet and are 5-6 inches big. NOOKIE, NOODLE, NIT NOY "BABY SPOCK" and  WATER COLOR.  They are famous. They  were photographed with the woman shaman author of WHITE SPIRIT ANIMALS at the Fortfest 4 years ago. And  Lauren the pet psychic  at the Quest book shop at the Wheaton Theosophical society. Both  the ladies told me they are bonded to me and are telepathic. I want to travel. I can't leave them at home they would have  severe separation anxiety. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can I fly with my tortoises? I have 4 turtles. They go with me everywhere.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Only small cats and dogs can travel onboard the plane in an approved carrier. Emotional support animals are no more on most airlines (if not all) in the United States thanks to people who abused that to bring animals like birds, turtles, peacocks on planes. 

Southwest now only allows trained dogs and miniature horses to travel as service animals to help with certain tasks (dog for sight impaired as one example)

-Blake

jksobonya
Aviator A

@BirdofHeaven wrote:

They  were photographed with the woman shaman author of WHITE SPIRIT ANIMALS at the Fortfest 4 years ago. And  Lauren the pet psychic  at the Quest book shop at the Wheaton Theosophical society. 

Pictures or it didn't happen.

--Jessica

gsking
Aviator C

I think it didn't happen.   No turtle fanatic mistakenly calls them tortoises in the same sentence. 

It blows my mind why so many creative writers come here to leave random messages and then vanish.   What purpose does that serve?   There's no ad revenue or click bait.   Yet it gets spammed on at least three threads. 

So curious.