Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can I take my son's Halloween costume on the plane???

bekafina
Explorer C

Does anyone know if we can take this on the plane.. I don't want to pack it , worried that it may get damaged.  Not sure if the umbrella and the battery operated lights are ok.Does anyone know if we can take this on the plane.. I don't want to pack it , worried that it may get damaged. Not sure if the umbrella and the battery operated lights are ok.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can I take my son's Halloween costume on the plane???

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

The moderators will have to approve your photo - can you describe it for us in the meantime?

Is it a question of ability to carry it on, or will he be wearing it and you wanted to check suitability?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Lights are ok.

Does the umbrella fold up? Remember, it needs to fit either in the overhead bin with all the other bags or under the seat. It may get squished in either location and probably wouldn't fit at all if it didn't fold up 

Batteries could be a problem depending on their size/capacity, check out this document from the FAA for more details.

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ash/ash_programs/hazmat/passenger_info/medi...

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Fun! Do you still have the original container that it came in? That might be one way to pack it if you chose to do so with less risk of damage.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.