Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can Someone Help Find My Lost Bag?

PSchlette
Explorer C

I'm hoping someone can help.  My bag was lost on a flight from Philadelphia to St. Louis on November 28th and so far no luck anyone finding it or turning it in.  I know bags get lost, but this is the first time it has happened to me and I'm heartsick.  I'm hoping one of the wonderful Southwest people just takes a quick look around for a lonely looking black and grey carry on size wheeled zippered bag with a blue bandana on the handle.  It just cannot have disappeared.  I'm guessing the tag came off and it's sitting unclaimed somewhere.  I'll go to the "central location" I've been told unclaimed bags are sent to, but they won't tell me where that is.  I know its a long shot but Southwest is known for its customer service and I have to believe it can be found and returned.  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can Someone Help Find My Lost Bag?

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

I am sorry to hear about your heartsick experience. I never lost my lugagge in my life and I believe your luggage can be either ends up at unclaimed storage or someone inadvertise took your luggage thought it was their, or thief who came and swipe your luggage in a jiffy.

I would recommends to anyone who have some concerns about their luggage being stolen or winds up in unclaimed storage. Just install the GPS tracker in your luggage when you go on your next flight. It will tells your your luggage at real time.

Call the customer service to get you some help. Here is the link:

https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/lost_and_found_faq.html

I hope this will help you.

Re: Can Someone Help Find My Lost Bag?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@PSchlette wrote:

I'm hoping someone can help.  My bag was lost on a flight from Philadelphia to St. Louis on November 28th and so far no luck anyone finding it or turning it in.  I know bags get lost, but this is the first time it has happened to me and I'm heartsick.  I'm hoping one of the wonderful Southwest people just takes a quick look around for a lonely looking black and grey carry on size wheeled zippered bag with a blue bandana on the handle.  It just cannot have disappeared.  I'm guessing the tag came off and it's sitting unclaimed somewhere.  I'll go to the "central location" I've been told unclaimed bags are sent to, but they won't tell me where that is.  I know its a long shot but Southwest is known for its customer service and I have to believe it can be found and returned.  

It wasn't completely clear, but hopefully you have (or will) fill out a claim form:

https://live.nettracer.aero/southwest-paxview/lostandfound/landing.do

Make sure you include the description of the blue bandana. I don't know that they are able to go through the luggage necessarily but if there was some particular item inside maybe describe that too, or perhaps you are heartsick of the piece of luggage itself.

I wasn't clear from your description if this was a carry-on that you did check, or that it was lost onboard.

Southwest uses a contractor called Aero Services, they have a claim center in Scottsboro, AL. I don't believe that is open to the public however, although I've seen a phone number for them.

This is separate from the unclaimed baggage outlet store, also in Scottsboro, AL although I supposed the items will end up there if unclaimed after a set time period.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.