Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can't get an answer - covid canceled flights

zhemi
Explorer C

Last year two members of our party (both young adults working part time jobs) booked roundtrip flights from Syracuse, NY to Orlando, FL for Sept 2020. Due to covid travel restrictions from NY to FL, they canceled the flights. They were given a credit but when they went to rebook flights for this year, the credit apparently expired in March. I hate to think they lost out on using them since they saved up for a year to pay for them to begin with and since they were canceled due to COVID. 

I've already sent to emails to Southwest regarding this issue... both have gone UNANSWERED. And trying to get through on the phone is ridiculous. 

Is there anything that can be don? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can't get an answer - covid canceled flights

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If the reservation was cancelled between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020 the resulting travel fund should have an expiration date of September 7, 2022.  If the reservation was cancelled outside of those dates the expiration date of the travel fund would be one year from the original purchase date.

If you believe you should have received an extension, but didn't you need to Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

zhemi
Explorer C

Thank you!  I will try to get a hold of them.  The flights were canceled in June 2020 so it definitely falls within that time frame. Hopefully, I'll be able to get through on the phone since, like I said, I have already emailed them twice and they have yet to even respond. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You should also verify the expiration dates by using this lookup tool:

https://www.southwest.com/travel-funds/

--TheMiddleSeat