Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can you bring a vape on your flight if you are under 21 in america

Gracelilliana
Explorer C

Will TSA Stop me if I have a vape in my carry on but under the age of 21?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can you bring a vape on your flight if you are under 21 in america

dfwskier
Aviator A

I suspect that TSA will not stop you.

Why? Your ID is scanned at one place in the process and your carry   on at another. No one at the baggage scanner will know your age.

IMO at least.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's not TSA's duty or responsibility to enforce any law besides what can and cannot be brought onto a plane. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

It's not TSA's duty or responsibility to enforce any law besides what can and cannot be brought onto a plane. 

--TheMiddleSeat

I expect the exception to that rule is weed or other drugs..

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

--TheMiddleSeat

I expect the exception to that rule is weed or other drugs..

Actually, not really.

Agents are supposed to report violations to law enforcement if they happen to come across drugs while conducting their normal searches, but TSA has stated that they are not specifically looking for such contraband. Generally, personal use amounts of cannabis are usually overlooked or ignored.

TSA’s screening procedures are focused on security and are designed to detect potential threats to aviation and passengers. Accordingly, TSA security officers do not search for marijuana or other illegal drugs, but if any illegal substance is discovered during security screening, TSA will refer the matter to a law enforcement officer.

calebjay
Explorer C

Yes. It's not disallowed by tsa. If tsa sees something they don't believe is legal in local jurisdictions, they might hold you and call the cops. They probably won't see it, or care enough to call the cops if they do. Don't forget, tsa has failed 98% of their audits for deadly weapons.

By the way, if you transport medicine looking things in a prescription medicine bottle, you almost certainly won't be asked about it.

On a totally unrelated tangent, they make weed in pill form now.

Jc4455
Explorer C

Did they take it out or ask any questions?

mandmore
Explorer C

Oh, the whole vape-on-a-plane thing can be tricky. I actually had a buddy who ran into a similar situation. He was 20 and flying out of California. He had two vapes in his carry-on. The TSA did check his bag, but they weren't really looking at his age, just making sure it wasn't something dangerous. They let him through without any issues.