Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Canceling a flight within 24hrs

ADav76
Explorer C

I booked tickets yesterday late morning..11:30ish my son had an accident..I have been trying to contact someone to cancel our flight for the last two hours and I have been put on hold or disconnected and the one very rude man I finally spoke to at 3:40 said I was not within my 24hrs because I was 4hrs too late and hung up on me!! Hello we have been trying..we have been in a hospital and area with terrible reception then when we do get a human after being on hold 8-15min each time we are disconnected!! I will never fly Southwest again, nor will my family & my oldest son travels frequently for work and  he is discussing with his boss about airline of choice for the company now..I am a business owner as well and will make it a point to let my clients know how we were treated over this! Unbelievable!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Canceling a flight within 24hrs

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I’m sorry to hear about your son, and I understand your frustration. 

Given the unique nature of this situation, I would consider reaching out to the SW Twitter team, explaining the situation in detail. You might also reach out to customer relations at 

855-234-4654.

Note for the future that you can easily cancel or change reservations online as well. It would save the trouble of a call and any associated hold time. 

Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Re: Canceling a flight within 24hrs

ADav76
Explorer C

Thanks for the info when there’s an emergency it’s hard to think of every detail but I  actually did try to cancel online and it kept telling me an error had occurred and the third time it stated rather than a refund it  is giving credit for future travel which I do not want. I paid thru PayPal and have since reached out to them also.