Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancellation and using travel funds

Suarj
Explorer C

Is there a limit on the number of times we can cancel a flight and rebook using the travel funds? Or once i rebook a flight using my travel funds , i wont be allowed to cancel  the new flight n use my funds?

Please advise.

Is there any condition , which can make my travel funds non refundable or unusable.

My plans are not confirmed.and may require to rebook more than once..

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Cancellation and using travel funds

franktravel
Aviator B

No limit.  You need to use travel funds one year from the date of purchase not the flight date.  Any new money added to travel funds to help purchase a future flight, and you cancel that flight the travel funds take the expiration date of the original funds. 

beccafries
Explorer C

I have a question... I have 2 RT trips booked same confirmation... I see the price

is lower for same destination , same dates...but diff flight times... what's the best

way to book new flights that are cheaper??

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You won't have two round-trips with the same confirmation number, but regardless, you can change your flight to any other flight. Find the reservation/flight you want to change in the My Trips section of your account and click the change flight option, then search for and select the cheaper flight. After selecting the new flight and continuing on to complete the booking you'll see the difference in price. 

Suarj
Explorer C

Thanks!

what is the benefit of modifying a booking , over, cancel and rebooking ??

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Suarj
Explorer C

Thanks